DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Tranquil Ban Appeal

tranquilito

In-game name: Tranquil_T22 or Tranquil
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): Tranquil(STEAM_0:1:198511234)
Staff members in-game name: Oyasumi German
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Oyasumi German(STEAM_0:1:198456461

Date & Time of incident: 2023-10-20 - 21:54:43
Timezone: Central
Ban Reason: MPS
How long were you banned for? 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: "

2023-10-20 - 21:54:43 Tranquil(STEAM_0:1:198511234) Oyasumi German(STEAM_0:1:198456461) 15-00:00 | MPS | Oyasumi German | :3"

What happened? (include any proof): ( Check my warns and jails )

Basically, I got double jeopardized here. I was already banned for MTRP(idk for sure its not listed on /bans) for a single day which I understand because I was messing around a lot, and it was deserved. As a hobo I was making builds with no real creative intent (given they were in a 6x6 area so technically allowed just annoying asf), so I understand being banned initially for NITRP( I think idk) since its not technically prop spam within a 6x6. Otherwise I don't see how anything was MPS. I must mention had been disconnected before for "proplock" although when discussed later with Hydra, it was seen through logs the props I was disconnected for weren't mine, and I was given a verbal to not build inside tunnels(I didn't do again. ) Afterwards I had only been asked a couple times to delete my weird builds although they were technically legal since hobos can build their huts in 6x6 areas to which I complied and was never warned or jailed.  And these huts are pretty much limited to one's creative expression. I say this because many homeless in real life abuse drugs, and they don't have "livable huts;" they simply can't with cardboard and trash and drugs.

Given we base the hobo job of real homeless people, a creative extension in gmod could be really anything. I understand staff word is final( although rules technically weren't broken), so I listened to staff and deleted what they asked me to delete. I say all the above to establish I had no real priors other than NITRP. Onto the moment I was banned, I essentially was messing around. I assumed this(wrongfully) because I noticed some staff using physguns in RP jobs, so I thought everything was casual. While messing and building my hut, I proclaimed I was an earthbender and trapped a staff member in the build. I was then promptly banned for 1 day( I think). After 1 day passes I try to rejoin only to realize I was banned for 2 weeks even though I hadn't been on the server since. I think MPS is a big stretch considering what I have said above. Propblock | (2-4 minutes)
Propblock x2 | (4-6 minutes), Propminge | (4-6 minutes), Propspam | (6-8 minutes, no prior warns or jails while online with the exception of an unrelated verbal warn.

And unrelated, how am I supposed to know when it is okay to mess around and deviate from normal rp when staff aren't even following the rules themselves. All the time I see staff breaking their own rules: "Do not use administrative commands unless in case of emergency or if you are on duty or in a sit. (I.E Physgun players off duty, TPing, checking logs.)", you must have a sit before warning a player (exception for violations in non-OOC: Diss In OOC, Racism In OOC, @ chat spam, etc.), Staff Noclipping rules, and RP on duty.

For example, this situation here perfectly describes the staff rules broken. I was only in a sit one time when clarifying the disconnect incidence, a sit I made myself. I really don't see any emergency here to excuse this. Its not like spawn was being proplocked. I see staff use physguns all the time off duty. I'm pretty while I was banned a staff member was noclipping in an rp job.

I don't say the above to call people out(  I wouldn't lie here. Being caught doing anything this minor is not worth the consequences of being caught in a lie. This isn't a staff report. I don't want anyone punished.) I just think given the circumstances appearing so casual, it's unfair to punish only me when no one else is taking the rules seriously. Not only that I feel 2 weeks here MPS is a bit of a reach especially when a punishment had already been dealt for MTRP something more appropriate, and I don't even have a chance to speak to a staff member about this( no sit).

I get I mess around a lot, and that will result in bans. However this to me feels unfair, and I'd be grateful for an unban.

• DarkRP Administration Team
1 hour ago, tranquilito said:

1) (exception of an unrelated verbal warn.)

2) "Do not use administrative commands unless in case of emergency or if you are on duty or in a sit. 

3) I'm pretty while I was banned a staff member was no-clipping in an rp job.

4) and I don't even have a chance to speak to a staff member about this( no sit).

5)  it's unfair to punish only me when no one else is taking the rules seriously. 

Okay first off 

1) You were talked to about your reconnection due to you prop blocking the tunnel, and told if you were to continue you'd recieve a punishment. I took this as your first strike. 

2)  Hydra had reported for you prop-trapping people shown Here

3) I did ban you while you I was in no-clip. At my rank I'm allowed to no-clip during an active sit and since I was stuck in your prop I used it go get out shown Here.

4) Like I said in my first statement there was a sit and you were given a verbal and if it was to persist you'd be given a punishment. 

5) You were punished because you had 3 instances where you prop-spammed. You were not treated differently, We are not biased to any person when it comes to punishments.  

Moving along I'm not sure where this clip fits in but this clip also shows you prop-spamming the street. 

- Due Regards 

, Oyasumi German :3 

• Agree 2
4 hours ago, Divine said:

Essentially, you wrote a book without an official or convincing apology, no set evidence, exclusively story telling, yet you expect an unban, regardless of admitting to rule infractions. Has to be one of the most unconvincing unban requests I've seen. More words doesnt equal more convincing lmao. 

"Warn/Ban appeals are no place for apologies," so my post's purpose is only to form a case for why I believe a ban is excessive. If staff concur, I will be unbanned. I doubt you could provide a single example of "no set evidence, exclusively story telling" because clearly there's video and logs. And most of what I have said is necessary to establish context and explain my reasoning.

4 hours ago, Oyasumi said:

Okay first off 

1) You were talked to about your reconnection due to you prop blocking the tunnel, and told if you were to continue you'd receive a punishment. I took this as your first strike. 

2)  Hydra had reported for you prop-trapping people shown Here

3) I did ban you while you I was in no-clip. At my rank I'm allowed to no-clip during an active sit and since I was stuck in your prop I used it go get out shown Here.

4) Like I said in my first statement there was a sit and you were given a verbal and if it was to persist you'd be given a punishment. 

5) You were punished because you had 3 instances where you prop-spammed. You were not treated differently, We are not biased to any person when it comes to punishments.  

Moving along I'm not sure where this clip fits in but this clip also shows you prop-spamming the street. 

- Due Regards

, Oyasumi German :3 

1) We established those weren't my props. I wouldn't lie here Oyasumi; it's always better to tell the truth. Usually lying doesn't workout well. The fact the props weren't mine is a BIG factor here.

3) You're in RP, yet you're taking sits. Makes sense.

4) That was only one sit where we addressed building in tunnels, completely separate offenses.

5) Yes, I was. It appears you instead of communicating with me in any way shape or form waited until you could justify a large ban, racking up charges.

Only one clip establishes any real guilt, the one where Hydra is trapped. I suppose Baked also, but he didn't even make a report. He and I were also messing around; the dude literally killed me twice in good fun. He also looks like he could inch out of the props. The other clips don't even show real prop spam. You guys don't have any sort of concept of my creative vision, and none of you cared enough to ask. The other instance where I allegedly spammed, I deleted those props on my own because I didn't like what I had in mind. No warns for that.

Not only that, I know you guys are staff, so I expect you guys to tell me if I am doing something problematic which no one did, and it would have been nice to get a warn before guys jump the gun and give me a two week ban. I say this because when I do a controversial action right in front of you and you let it happen, it looks like you're giving me your approval. I can't read your thoughts and realize the opposite is true. For this I'm genuinely sorry I misread the situation although this isn't a place for apologies. Moreover, the sit you did was very unprofessional. You didn't say a single word to me, yet I'm supposed to understand there is a 2 week ban worth of issue? And you're on duty, you shouldn't be in RP taking sits, so I don't see how you're included in this scenario Oyasumi. I'm supposed to pretend you're not there if you're on duty. I had assumed this was the case because you are taking sits and giving bans while in front of me. There's proof of this in the videos. Prop spam x2 is only a jail or short ban. 

Again I am not debating whether or not I should have been punished. I should have definitely been given a written warn or jail or a shorter ban. I was already given a 1 day ban which I understood. Then it was extended to a 2 week ban which I think is excessive. I get I'm not an exemplary player, but I don't hop online to ruin other people's experiences. I actually enjoy playing here, and I still would be grateful for an unban.  To me it's not a matter of abuse of power or being right or wrong. I just feel this ban was harsh; I only wanted to make derpy builds so that everyone could laugh. 

Edited by tranquilito
Structure is confusing

Since there has been no final judgement made, and I feel this post being really long makes everything hard to understand. Overall it hurts my case.

TLDR:

I feel I should be unbanned because mutually exclusive events were strung together to make my actions qualify as a "mass" rule infraction. This resulted in a much lengthier punishment.

For example, if someone has killed 3 people with 20 minutes in between each kill and every kill has had it's own jail, warn, or ban would this be MRDM? No that's three cases of RDM. In a single sit, you don't get punished for every RDM you've ever done. That's because these events are mutually exclusive.

My disconnect was unrelated, it shouldn't stack here. And it was found the props I was kicked for weren't mine( Hydra, Oyasumi I suggest not lying here). Also a punishment had already been dealt regardless, so punishing me for twice is double jeopardy The clip of my pyramid, I am allowed to build my hut in a 6x6x6 however I want. Rules allow it; not completing the build has no impact whatsoever.  As for people trapped in my build, the staff rules indicate a single count of prop spam is only a jail or warn. I could only see it going up to x2 for reasons I will explain

I was already given a punishment. While I wasn't even on the server, my ban was changed from 1 day( or hour I can't recall) to two weeks. 

I was punished twice for the same action. Pertaining to this situation, I was given no prior warns to indicate I was actually breaking written rules.

The clips provided are inadequate. 

The clips show two roleplayers, and one staff on duty trapped. Moreover, only one person submitted a report indicating the other person likely didn't have a problem.  Staff on duty are not roleplaying, and it is failrp to roleplay with them(he's technically not present). This is evident in the videos shown, Oyasumi is giving bans and taking sits. Either he is breaking staff rules( not my fault), or he is on duty. Therefore he can not be proplocked.

One clip is unrelated to the ban entirely, and it doesn't even present an incidence where I was asked to delete props at all. 

The sit was unprofessional

There is great confusion here as to whether Oyasumi was on duty or not. Not a single word was spoken to me while he was watching. I was in rp as far as I knew. Not only that because not a single word was spoken to me I had no idea there was actually a personal problem with what I was doing.

I feel targeted

I have never seen the same type of logic be used to ban anyone else. No where in the staff rules does it say anything of the nature "add past offenses, concluded offenses, to current offenses." In fact there is nothing that states factor past offenses into current offenses. Not only this, but it appears like charges were being progressively added to make a case for banning me. For example in Hydra's video, he claims I was prop-spamming when in reality I was building. And I wasn't spoken to at all about receiving any punishment pertaining to this prop spam, so it looks like staff here waited fully knowing they could attach the prefix "mass" to make it a longer ban.  I essentially ghosted until the moment I had been banned. Not only that. I feel it is extremely unfair to ban me without speaking to me. All punishments should be dealt with in a sit, and I don't see how my sit counts at all. Furthermore, I get my initial MFRP ban. Fine, I get it. Then it gets changed to 2 weeks instead ":)" . That's not fair at all. I wasn't even in the server when this change was made. If admin decisions are final, why in only my case is this not true? There's nothing final about double jeopardy.

Overall

I understand being given a punishment, NITRP could have been justifiable. The single count prop spam also justified a ban. However, a two week ban for this situation unfair; it doesn't fit with punishment guidelines which is my MAIN POINT .

Definitions( don't want anyone else complaining about big words):

double jeopardy: a law term, being punished for an already convicted offense. ex. 1 murder =  1 murder sentence. Once a judge has ruled, there will be no changes made.

mutually exclusive: here it means, events that occur separate, they are not interconnected. These events do not occur simultaneously or co-exist, one being true has no impact on the other. ex. a ball drops in Canada and another drops in the United States. These events are not related despite coincidence. 

Thank you for reading I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• DarkRP Management Team

Accepted
German has provided proof to me of you prop-trapping 2 different people and building outside your 6x6x6 build area, which would technically amount to Mass Propminge, but exceeding your build area was both not reported and also not very significant. 
I was going to reduce your ban down to NITRP, but you've almost been banned for 4 days anyway, so I'm gonna cut you a break and unban you from the server.
In the future, do not trap players inside of props.

@Chicaa21 @Korn
Lock and move.

• Like 1