Isla - Moderator Application

Isla

In game name: Isla

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:459655667

Warns: One (long story…)

Timezone: UTC +10

Playtime?: 47 hours

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Not at the moment but it could probably be arranged. (I’d have to get a mic somewhere and download TeamSpeak, doesn’t sound like too much work)

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes, NVIDIA Shadowplay, alternatively Xbox Game Bar.

Referral(s): IAreGunner, GTA, Witchings, Source, Buddha

Past experiences as staff: I previously co-owned a network of servers that had a variety of servers of different gamemodes (Deathrun, TTT, Murder, Prophunt, and Jailbreak) for a year.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe I should be chosen to become a staff member because I know the rules well and I'm very devoted to playing and trying my best to enforce the rules. I want to become the kind of person that can be looked up to in a time of need, like when there's no staff online and someone's propblocking spawn, or there's a rogue Gun Dealer with a HK45C going on a massacre. This is the kind of stuff we need to take care of and prevent as best as we can so our playerbase can enjoy roleplaying on the server. Being in Australia, my time zone is very helpful when it comes to staffing, especially with the late night shift, that being the daytime for me, when it's usually pretty bad and a good many of the staff are in bed fast asleep when people need them on the server.

I strive to follow the rules and enforce them to the best of my ability. I want to be a reliable person that the community, and my fellow staff members can count on when they need me. We have a fun roleplay server to play on, you go do a lot of really fun things alone or with a friend and the rules are pretty much always trampled over by those who neglect to just take five minutes out of their time to read them upon loading into the server for the first time. I personally believe that I would make an amazing addition to your staff team, and I wouldn't neglect my duties like our players tend to quite frequently neglect our rules.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? Yes I have, and the reason was just ridiculous. I was on another DarkRP server with my friends (not GarnetGaming) and the server owner had a bad past with them. So they got banned and I was permanently banned as well them just for being associated with them. What a toxic guy...

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: I really just like to keep to myself and do my own thing a lot of the time, though sometimes I do call my friends on Discord and play a different game other than Garry’s Mod such as Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six Siege, Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, and more. 

Did you read the staff rules?: Isla

Edited by Isla
  • Like 2

Sorry, it posted by mistake. Please wait to reply until I fix it.

Edit - Everything has been fixed, I hope you enjoy my application and consider adding me to your staff team! ^_^

Edited by Isla
Just now, DannKeb said:

Mind explaining that long story?

In the shortest way of explaining, someone was impersonating me and breaking rules under my username (or so it looked like) and I ended up taking the warn for it, despite not doing it. I figured it just was one warn and wouldn't effect too much. 

15 minutes ago, Lyri said:

-1 never seen you ingame

That's no reason to -1, and I have actually been on the server for the past 20 hours actively playing. (basing and printing)

I know I saw you on just a few hours ago, maybe you didn't see me on?

Edited by Isla
40 minutes ago, Isla said:

That's no reason to -1

28 minutes ago, Witchings said:

Not a reason to -1

Y'all on some other shit. That is a perfectly valid reason to -1. Isla, when I first saw you in game you were super toxic. You were making fun of people who had a high number of hours and calling them no life's. Never had another interaction with you since. Also, you saying that you have been on for the last 20 hours isn't good. That means that you have played on the server about 3-4 times (sessions). The first time I met you you had 5 hours, and now you have 29. You have not been in the community long, which wouldn't make a difference, however you have also isolated yourself. I know nothing about you, have never seen you in game in person (not counting chat is basically what I mean), and the only time I saw you typing in chat was you being toxic. I'm sure you are a swell person, but I just don't know you. -1

Edit: can you also list the name of the network you co-hosted?

Edited by Bread God
  • Toxic 2
3 minutes ago, Bread God said:

you were super toxic. You were making fun of people who had a high number of hours and calling them no life's.

I seriously don't remember this but okay. If that did happen I was probably joking.

Edited by Isla
16 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Regardless if you were joking or not, that was the only experience I have had with you in game. First impressions mean a lot.

If you could get on and see how I actually act in-game nowadays and possibly reconsider your decision, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Isla
24 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Y'all on some other shit. That is a perfectly valid reason to -1. Isla, when I first saw you in game you were super toxic. You were making fun of people who had a high number of hours and calling them no life's. Never had another interaction with you since. Also, you saying that you have been on for the last 20 hours isn't good. That means that you have played on the server about 3-4 times (sessions). The first time I met you you had 5 hours, and now you have 29. You have not been in the community long, which wouldn't make a difference, however you have also isolated yourself. I know nothing about you, have never seen you in game in person (not counting chat is basically what I mean), and the only time I saw you typing in chat was you being toxic. I'm sure you are a swell person, but I just don't know you. -1

Edit: can you also list the name of the network you co-hosted?

Timezones is a thing, that's the main reason why it's invalid, secondly the interaction I've had with her were much different than this, she has been reporting rule breakers, actually attempted to keep them inline, and also seeks help when needed. We have a lot of toxic staff on here, and they aren't mentioned once when we talk about toxicity, but one encounter that you can't even tell if they're serious shouldn't set them as toxic, first impressions ain't everything, look at fallout 76. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Isla said:

That's no reason to -1, and I have actually been on the server for the past 20 hours actively playing. (basing and printing)

I know I saw you on just a few hours ago, maybe you didn't see me on?

changed