DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

CJ job

Tripppy

Currently I see Mass RDM'ers mostly using CJ and it's really clear to see why. First of all, you always spawn with a gun - if the gun is used right it could be used to kill several people within 10 seconds. The gun is better than Michael's semiautomatic rifles IMO. I've seen people relentlessly killing other players. It is mostly terrible when there are no admins on. They can cause a heck of alot of damage. Raiding without advert, which could be prevented if the guy didn't demolish you whilst you're cooking meth with his pistol. Rdm/Mass rdm/Att. RDM and so and so could obviously happen. Secondly, all it takes to become CJ even if you have 0 playing time is a vote, which people blindly say yes to. Same with demotions, people accidentally stard demoting me because the person breaking rules had nearly the same name as me, but after pointing it out, people blindlessly said yes.

I think what should happen is:

• Have to have a certain amount of playtime and above (even one hour could reduce a lot of mass rdm.)
  • Balance the weapons a little, maybe a weaker pistol or a gun with a slower fire rate. (Ignore this - not an issue if playtime restrictions are put in place)
  • Remove one of the raiding tools (ignore this - way too restrictive)

I don't think all three of these should be added, but at least one could stop the mass rdms from being excessive. What do you think? Please reply with your opinion. Thank you for spending the time to read this and check for what I have to say.

Edited by Tripppy

I see this specific problem all the time. Thank you for bringing this to light. I think the weapon and raid tools are fine, but +1 to the minimum playtime requirement. In my opinion, if they are able to last 2 hours on the server without already getting banned, then they should be allowed to wield a firearm as a CJ. (minimum playtime requirement should be something around two hours)

1 hour ago, Tripppy said:

Remove one of the raiding tools (maybe a little bit of a stretch, but it could be better if they didn't have a keypad cracker or a lockpick)

Why remove this it's a raiding class this is how you raid ?

- Removing a Raid Tool Will not decrease RDM

- Removing this will make the class more useless seeing as it is a counterfeit thief class with only 1 slot 

Balance the weapons a little, maybe a weaker pistol or a gun with a slower fire rate.

You don't need a different gun for CJ this would be a hustle for garnet 

-Maybe just make the class at least have to play for 12 hours like Micheal 

Have to have a certain amount of playtime and above (even one hour could reduce a lot of mass rdm.)

This would be a decent idea considering it has a weapon at spawn 

- This job is like most CP Class All PD classes (excluding VIP jobs) Require a certain amount of hours 

Consider this a +1 

-No need to take away raid tools

-Add a certain amount of playtime (5+ hours)

-Keep the Class Weapon as is

• Winner 1
15 hours ago, Not cool kid said:

Why remove this it's a raiding class this is how you raid ?

- Removing a Raid Tool Will not decrease RDM

- Removing this will make the class more useless seeing as it is a counterfeit thief class with only 1 slot 

You don't need a different gun for CJ this would be a hustle for garnet 

-Maybe just make the class at least have to play for 12 hours like Micheal 

This would be a decent idea considering it has a weapon at spawn 

- This job is like most CP Class All PD classes (excluding VIP jobs) Require a certain amount of hours 

Consider this a +1 

-No need to take away raid tools

-Add a certain amount of playtime (5+ hours)

-Keep the Class Weapon as is

Thank you, Wendell, for making a smart comment. 

+1, Wendell said it well.

• 1 year later...