Matt Watson's Staff Application

In-game name: Watson

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:51605285

Warns: None Currently

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Playtime?: 614:56:20 Hours

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes, I use Shadow Play threw Nvidia

Referral(s): Mark Duglas, Draggydx, Ting

Past experiences as staff: AWOL Gaming, GFL Clan, Minuteman Gaming, Garnet Gaming

How do you plan on benefiting our server?

To Properly Explain how I plan on benefiting the server I should Talk a little about my self. My name is Matt and I'm from Massachusetts, I currently work for Dominos Pizza and I'm going to school for Aviation Engineering. I pride myself in being a very technical person, You can sometimes find me ranting about computers or aircraft. I'm a huge geek for video games. I have been playing them since I was a young child, One of my favorites over the years is Garry's Mod. I have played Garry’s Mod since the age of 13. I got it because a fellow friend said it was a fun game. We played on a sandbox server called AWOL Gamers. It was a deathmatch type server. I spent over 1000 Hours on that server. I got an administrator role and assisted the server for over 2 Years until I left Garry's Mod for awhile. I came back sometime in 2015 and became staff on another server called GLFClan. They had a lot of servers but I was a mod on their  Darkrp server till higher management became abusive and I decided to leave for Garnet Gaming.

I joined Garnet Gaming in late 2016 when the UK was still a thing. I worked up the ranks till I made it to COL of GB. I made it into a good faction and trained 2 people to succeed me until almost over a year of playing Decided to leave it to Sparrows. I came back about 3 months ago and played for a few weeks on and off before deciding to approach Chris Branch. I was lucky enough to get Chief Warrant Officer, It wasn't my previous rank but my time as a warrant officer was really fun. I have spent the last 2+ months relearning all rules and how the server works. So since coming back months ago, I have been observing the server and anding input where it's needed. But recently I have been trying to get some ideas out there. Some have failed horribly and some have been great successes. I plan to keep contributing ideas, Seeing how the community likes the idea and hoping to slowly improve the server over time. Currently, I see Garnet Gaming going in a good direction. A lot of the old community members are coming back and it looks like we're going to be getting new content in the future. I'm excited to see where it goes and I want to be a part of it, helping and improving the community as things progress. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: I have had Warns in the past for minor rule confusions but I have not been banned.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made 2 Staff Applications, My First One was Accepted but after about a year and a half of playtime, I decided to take a break. The second one was denied due to I hadn't been back on the server long enough to get how everything works. I believe more than sufficient time back currently to understand how everything works on the server.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I Have college 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday) and work Friday nights. I usually but about 2-4 hours each day (Monday-Thursday). On the weekends I put 6-10 hours a day on the server per day. I'm also always usually available to most people via my phone.

Extra: Sorry for making this whole thing a little long, I have a tendency to get lost while typing. I love the community and the people in it. This community gives me friends and a place where I Belong. I want to give back to my community by making the servers better and I believe if I become staff that I can do that. Thank you for those who have supported me since coming back to the server. I'm hoping this allows me to give back.

Edited by MattWatson
Added referrals

+1 you have put time and effort since the last time you made a staff app. You showed leadership and maturity by being an army officer and you were able to climb their ranks in a small amount due to the skills you shown. Add me to referral 

+1 although we have had our differences I believe you really stepped up your game. You seem much more involved and I would be happy to see you as a fellow staff member. Good luck. Please add me to referrals. 

• Friendly 1
24 minutes ago, Ting said:

+1 although we have had our differences I believe you really stepped up your game. You seem much more involved and I would be happy to see you as a fellow staff member. Good luck. Please add me to referrals. 

Thank you, I'm glad we can put our past behind us.

Edited by MattWatson
  • Friendly 1

Gonna have to -1, From what i have seen you can be quite toxic in war and you have little to no communication with RU (except when you say toxic shit on our bodies).

Edited by Skye
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

While maining US i have seen a few things from you.

1. You run around base being mingy and not doing your job as an officer

2. You lead wars, but not very well imo

Not saying you dont always do an okay job, but i personally dont think you would fit into the staff team

• Informative 1

Dont know you that well, but it seems others do. 

From what I've seen from you frequently is that you just sit in the server and afk just doing nothing. I dont see much goin on with you and you dont seem to be "active" cant say that it'll be the same for IF you get accepted into staff, but I'm gonna draw the similarities anyways.

You get toxic at times just as skye said and to be blunt, your leadership skills are deteriorating from what you said about you being GB COL. Not sure how these people above are stating "competent officer" but I guess I just haven't personally witnessed it yet. 

Edited by {GG} CJ
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, Skye said:

Gonna have to -1, From what i have seen you can be quite toxic in war and you have little to no communication with RU (except when you say toxic shit on our bodies).

1 hour ago, {GG} CJ said:

Dont know you that well, but it seems others do. 

From what I've seen from you frequently is that you just sit in the server and afk just doing nothing. I dont see much goin on with you and you dont seem to be "active" cant say that it'll be the same for IF you get accepted into staff, but I'm gonna draw the similarities anyways.

You get toxic at times just as skye said and to be blunt, your leadership skills are deteriorating from what you said about you being GB COL. Not sure how these people above are stating "competent officer" but I guess I just haven't personally witnessed it yet. 

1 hour ago, Huskaii said:

While maining US i have seen a few things from you.

1. You run around base being mingy and not doing your job as an officer

2. You lead wars, but not very well imo

Not saying you dont always do an okay job, but i personally dont think you would fit into the staff team

Hey, I sent detailed Responses to each of you. I have tried my hardest to have a good rep with the players in the community. There's always things I'm trying to improve on but it hurts to see that I haven't left the best image on the community. I have work for years to get good leadership skills in general. I believe that I have done a good job. I will speak with you individually but hopefully, in the future I can do better.

From my experience from interacting with this player, he seems to be a mature and competent person. He took a month to improve himself and saw good results. +1 for Waston to becoming staff since he had already had past staff experiences.

• Like 1