Special Operations Forces : Tryout Schedule/Guideline

%D0%93%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B1_%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0

The tryout information will be found in the document linked above (right click the emblem).

The purpose for this thread is to spread awareness of the Special Operations Forces tryout guideline. This guideline is mandatory for all trainees to read through. Before attempting to tryout, you must fully read this guideline and come prepared for this tryout by practicing before-hand. If at any point you ever have a question, concern, or complaint, message me in-game, or on the forums. Good luck to those that attempt the tryouts!

~Colonel Ethan Greshnev of the Russian Special Operations Forces

Edited by Ethan
Edited for tryout rework!
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Update

The Tryout Guideline has been updated slightly, and so has the password. It is very highly recommended that you read the Guideline word-for-word once more for those of you who already did so you can fully understand what has changed, and find the new password. Thank you to those of you that follow instructions properly, and put the effort in to attend our training sessions as well as fully read the Guideline!

Edited by Ethan
Forum default theme update
  • Like 1

Update

With the new map coming out today, our tryouts had to be updated. This is a small change and will not require you to re-read the entire guideline if you have already done so, so the password is still the same. We now no longer do sims at Town, and instead do sims at Factory. We still use Company. To replace the Windows in North House, we use the 3 by 2 panels downstairs in the War Room (there are 3 options for this, but in tryouts we will use the left of the two on the opposite side of the maps).

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Update

We will be hosting tryouts this Wednesday, and see how it goes. I will be adding this to the tryout schedule right now, but it might not stay as school has started back up and not many SSO will be able to participate from what it looks like. We'll see how it goes, depending on the attendance, we might cancel the ability for Wednesday tryouts.

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Update

Wednesday tryouts are now no longer going to occur. The reasoning for this is SSO doesn't need to do tryouts as frequently while GRU does, so SSO will go back to two tryouts a week, Saturday/Sunday, as SSO is at a stable/healthy number of members.

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update

Monday and Friday tryouts will now take place. We're looking for new, able, ready, and solid soldiers to join the faction! The tryout difficulty will not change whatsoever, this is just a change to the frequency to give people more opportunities to attempt them. Good luck!

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Update

Monday/Friday tryouts will no longer occur. Instead, GRU tryouts will replace them as we have a good amount of SSO Members now, and want to give the current Soldiers attempting GRU tryouts more chances to attempt, improve, and hopefully pass the tryouts. The difficulty and requirements for each tryout has not changed, only the frequency of them. A tip for those attempting SSO tryouts, practice, practice, and practice before tryouts occur, because you only have 2 chances each weekend to do so, so make the few times you can attend worth it if you wish to make it in.

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update

Tryouts are going to, once again, be held Monday/Friday as GRU is doing better in numbers, and no longer needs to do tryouts as frequently. With this being said, SSO is going to increase their tryout count to four per week from two per week once again. Good luck, Neofits!

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Update

Questions done in first stage (Questions slightly changed too), Sims at Factory and Company extended from 2 rounds for each location to 4 rounds for each location. Questions no longer count to point system as "free points" as they are easy if you read at all, and are not expected that you know all of them. It wasn't specified before, and was allowed in some cases, but isn't anymore, no hiding as defenders. You may hold a room, but you cannot hide in a hole somewhere in an attempt to win. I will just kick you out of the tryout.

Tryouts will be held on Tuesday and Thursday as well, from now on till I see fit, due to the decent change in tryouts, and the low pass rate that has been seen in tryouts in the past month. This will give trainees more attempts, but more effort required, to pass.

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • 1 month later...

Update

With the change in map, that was originally only a 3 day event, I didn't update the tryouts thinking it was only going to last 3 days. Now that is has been about 2 weeks ago and I think it is time we get SSO tryouts rolling again until the next map comes out. With that being said, the tryouts have been updated for the new map. Read up, and practice! Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

Update

After running tryouts fully, we added COMMS to Stage 2 as well. During this sim at COMMS, you won't be able to enter the COMMS building as the combat at this objective in the tryout will test the fighting around the objective. Good luck to those trying out!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update

The tryouts have taken a new turn, and as such, the entire faction itself. We're now orienting towards team building as our main focus within the faction and tryouts. This is a big change, so for those of you who have a group of 3-5 people that think you have what it takes to work together within SSO, use this guideline to practice and prepare. If you ever would like advice/assistance, contact me in-game, and I will try to help our your team when I am not busy. Lets see how this turns out!

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1