A change in the server/staff rules.

25 minutes ago, eXg IPL4YG4MES said:

This isn't solely based on the test, this is also about the players on the server. Testing players "common sense" when all they want to do is play and have fun is nonsensical. Also saying "roleplay name" is no test, it isnt common sense to think that you are allowed to have a racist job name but no ROLEPLAY name. 

Yeah players just wanna have fun, but there are rules. Learning the rules of a server is a boring but necessary step in the "having fun" department (if you don't want to get banned). Anytime i deal with a player that has an issue with a rule that isnt listed, i just explain to them that it's considered to be a common sense rule, but since it's not listed this time will be a verbal warning (given it's their first offense)

It actually is common sense. You're right that it's called a roleplay name, but someone smart (the kind of people we want on the staff team) would be able to realize, Hey wait, this is indeed my RP name BUT as soon as i Type in OOC, it's displayed to the entire server hmmmmmm i bet you cant have a racist name then since you cant be racist in OOC, even though it's considered a roleplay name. <-- whoever this guy is, we should get him to be staff. 

Edited by Jarold
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, eXg IPL4YG4MES said:

That is why we should make some slight adjustments to the rules. I'm not saying put in rules for EVERY possible scenario, I'm saying add the rules for the highly probable scenarios that literally occur every day. Explaining the rules to someone AFTER a rule break is not a good way to deal with things, and trying to explain it to everyone without changing the actual rules is too much. A simple rule change would make things much easier for staff and players to not break these unlisted rules.

I'm not opposed to some slight rule changes, but the staff tests should continue to address things that aren't directly listed.  

But i still have a problem with how you're thinking about this, There are so many people that come on the server and have never read the rules, but don't get banned. It has ALOT to do with their intent, these "unspoken" rules 9 times out of 10 only apply to people with bad intent (and the occasional unlikely scenario). So someone that's going to hop on a server with their name as the N word, or put racism in their textscreen, isn't the type of person we want on the server anyways, having to explicitly put that in the rules shouldn't even be necessary.  - This isn't me proving any points, just something for you to keep in mind. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Jarold said:

I'm not opposed to some slight rule changes, but the staff tests should continue to address things that aren't directly listed.  

But i still have a problem with how you're thinking about this, There are so many people that come on the server and have never read the rules, but don't get banned. It has ALOT to do with their intent, these "unspoken" rules 9 times out of 10 only apply to people with bad intent (and the occasional unlikely scenario). So someone that's going to hop on a server with their name as the N word, or put racism in their textscreen, isn't the type of person we want on the server anyways, having to explicitly put that in the rules shouldn't even be necessary.  - This isn't me proving any points, just something for you to keep in mind. 

I agree with you completely. I'm only looking out for the (yes, definitely) minority of people in this, but they still deserve to know.