Fier's MRP Trial Mod Application

Lex_

Name: Fier (75R DS SGT Tower)

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1138414

Warns: I have zero active warns. I've previously been warned for RDM (long-ish story) and FailRP (also a long-ish story) - I didn't appeal these since I didn't have video evidence to show the situation for either one.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Playtime: | GRU SOPT Fier has played for 1096:58:26

TeamSpeak + Microphone: Yes.

Ability to record: Yes.

No current referrals.

My past staffing experience:

• Canadian's Turf - 2015 to 2019, the highest staff rank I've achieved there is superadmin. I was also given the task of keeping the server up to date and managing the types of content they provided for their playerbase. Some of my Lua work is seen off and on as the server evolved. I have resigned from this position (although my rank is still there, I have no responsibility)
  • GarnetGaming MilitaryRP - 2018, I was a Trial-Moderator for a couple of weeks but had resigned for reasons that are lost in the past.

Like I mentioned in my previous application I had my own community back in 2016 hosting a variety of gamemodes. Very small community but we had managed for quite a while.

How do you plan on benefiting our server?

Previously I had technically avoided answering this question and I'm surprised that nobody had commented about it before. So, what actually makes me a viable candidate for staff? As you've seen with the section above, I've had experience as a superadmin on Canadian's Turf. Some background knowledge: Canadian's Turf is a BuildRP server that has been run by the same team since 2012. The owner, CanadianBill, was big in the Wiremod community when he was active back in 2014. Now he's a map-maker and mostly plays TF2 and TTT, one of the maps he has made being rp_locality. Staffing on CT has been very relaxed but when Bill had offered me the position as superadmin I had to step up my game. My responsibilities as superadmin were to keep the server up-to-date and to push fixes when needed. The CT community is full of people who all enjoy a similar thing: coding. A lot of the staff have experience in Lua and a plenty of other languages (albeit programming or markup) including myself. Alongside my responsibility in updating the server was helping manage the staff team. We didn't have a singular staff manager like other servers do and the decisions involving staff were made by all of the current superadmins (it is important to note that Bill had only just recently, meaning late last year, given FTP and rcon access to a fellow superadmin and I, but other higher ups still had a say in decisions ranging from staff to server content). So to clarify, I have experience in managing an administrative team (I made a lot of the pushes towards some worthwhile decisions, other superadmins and Bill sat back a bit) and also have experience with Expression 2, Lua, Rust, and a few more different languages. As I've also run my own community at one point too, I understand the importance in these two specific skills.

Now, why is any of that important? What should I add on to that? I've used D3A before when I was a Trial Moderator back in September of last year. I know how to use the commands, I understand using a SteamID over names, and also (not to be in offense to other people) have proven that I am capable of reading and properly using the information I'm provided on the forums (ie. D3A handbook, staff rules, server rules, changes within the server rules or staff conduct outside of the server and staff rules section). CT had a relaxed protocol when it came to punishing rulebreakers (oh, have I got some stories for that actually) which has shaped how I feel about staffing and my attitude towards being a moderator (not specifically that rank). Let me explain further: although I understand that we have specific protocols we do in response to the breaking of certain rules, which isn't a problem, I am fair, understanding, and unbiased. I use evidence when it comes to who is in the wrong, in the case that someone actually is.

Why do you plan on benefiting our server?

This isn't a question on the application but I still wanted to include it regardless. I've spent almost half of my life on Garry's Mod. That's crazy to think about considering it's just a game, and especially considering what game it is. I've played on GG MRP for almost a year now (had joined late July last year) and have enjoyed most of my stay (ignoring some of what I don't like). I don't expect to be given an opportunity like I had received on CT but I love the gameplay here. I want to be here to see the transition back into more roleplay and to see the gameplay evolve. And I have hope that I could potentially be of use in that sense, I'm sure more than a few members of the community could be (as risky as that is). I have plenty of good ideas that I want to discuss involving in- and out-of-character things, like how the factions are handled, PVP, and the likes. This answer is turning more into a "how" than "why" but I don't want to see this community slowly die like I've seen many other communities, most bigger than this. I'd like to give back as much as I can by joining the staff team or potentially helping further develop the server, MRP or not.

Have you ever been banned on GG MRP? No, I have not.

Have you made any previous applications? I had made one last September which had gotten accepted. Applied a second time in March(?) this year but was denied for my activity.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? Plenty (estimating up to 4 hours a day, at least 4 days a week, very possibly more for both)

Edited by Fier
Oh shit, I forgot my playtime
  • Like 3
  • Winner 1
On 6/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, br0ken- said:

Last time you were staff you resigned for a joke that was said in staff chat, I am skeptical about this because of that situation, If you can't take jokes then I can only wonder how you would take criticism (Which you are bound to receive if you get staff), While you're a chill guy, I am going to wait for more community feedback before I +1 or  -1

I had already contacted br0ken about this and have an understanding that he doesn't have a +1 or -1 just yet but want to clarify for other readers that the event he is talking about was almost a year ago and a misunderstanding. I acted under what I thought to be right with false information (nobody is to blame there though), unaware of the joke. My attitude towards that specific type of event (swapping to US or RU for balancing) has changed now that I have plenty more hours on the server and a better understanding of why balancing as such is important.

Edited by Fier
Legit clicked Edit trying to change my signature at 4 AM, no changes were made

Mature and fairly active. Also has previous staff experience

As for the whole joke resign situation, i'd like to believe you learned from that and are not as dumb as before. Hopefully you took the time since then to better yourself, but it does make you look pretty stupid.

Regardless, I'll +1 based off of what i've seen from you since then

Edited by huskaii