Eggdog's Appeal

Eggdog

Gildarts summed it up nicely. Personal opinions aside, this is the problem in my eyes from a staff member perspective.

If you give your number to individuals in private, i hope you're careful of course, but it's none of my business. My job as a staff member is to protect what happens on the server. Broadcasting your personal information through the server, makes the server the platform in which you did it. That is the issue at least for me.

1 minute ago, {GG}otham said:

Gildarts summed it up nicely. Personal opinions aside, this is the problem in my eyes from a staff member perspective.

If you give your number to individuals in private, i hope you're careful of course, but it's none of my business. My job as a staff member is to protect what happens on the server. Broadcasting your personal information through the server makes the server the platform in which you did it. That is the issue at least for me.

I asked why you did that attack on my family?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Eggdog said:

Okk 1. I was alt-tabbed in Ts. 

2. Why do you feel the need to insult my family I didn't bring in the fact you have a drinking problem. There was no reason to insult me or my family but you still went to do a personal attack on me. I think this says a lot about you

You're right, I probably should have said that. I wrote this directly after the ban happend. I was still a little pissed off to be watching a child potentially throwing their life away.

1 minute ago, {GG}otham said:

You're right, I probably should have said that. I wrote this directly after the ban happend. I was still a little pissed off to be watching a child potentially throwing their life away.

We all make mistakes lets go with you and fuck it every staff and me I have fuck ups, but this kid doesnt dereseve a prema ban on him. A month ban would be more reasonable in my opinion and a firm talking to in ts

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

-1, if you aren't mature enough to understand why this would put you and your family in danger you aren't mature enough to safely play on the server, therefore warranting a ban. Maybe if you understand why you shouldn't give away personal info online (even in our little garnet bubble) you'll be unbanned next ban wipe.

I would maybe consider lowering it to a 2 month or 1 month, if this appeal gets accepted at all. I doubt it tho.

Edited by Johaness_Johnson

I really think a permanent ban is way too extreme for what he did, he never even technically broke any server rules. I understand it's important to teach this player a lesson about "internet safety" but a permanent ban just seems way too much and this just isn't the right way to go about it. His ban should be lowered at most to a one month ban, and even that seems like a little excessive to me.

• Like 4
Guest Gildarts

This is where you are all wrong. Because this community would be held liable. I expect no further posts my decision has been made its up to him to make his post now.

20 hours ago, Gildarts said:

I had told him and another GG member to stop handing out their numbers and information. They are underage. One of them being 13. The community does not need this. 
Also the definition of doxing:

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

The information does not have to be about someone else. Its A PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL. 

The definition for Individual is:

single; separate.

Thus meaning you CAN dox  yourself. Which if you think I'm going to allow such a thing though the whole community you'll be dissapointed. I could careless if you told 1 or 2 people. But oocing it and telling everyone on teamspeak is not happening.
Not only do you put yourself at risk, you put your own family at risk if someone were to swat you; or even show up to your house. Everyone knows I don't fuck with this shit ESP, with girls or underage persons. 
If I DO choose to unban you. I don't even want to hear you talk about any other form of communication other than GG official servers because quite frankly when I tell people to stop multiple times and you don't. You have lost the trust of me and the community.
You may think its funny, but seriously you can have real world consequence. You have no idea who your actually giving your information out to. I will Debate on this but don't expect to be unbanned. If you wish to write a actual apology, and why  you should not give out your personal information. Then at that point I will unban you. I want a actual essay that has time put into it. Not 4 sentences.

With that said. I expect no one else to do this.

I have to agree with Gildarts on this one. I've seen some very stupid and I mean retarded AF stuff in my life and some done by me but this takes it to a whole new level, like just thinking about it makes me fear for you. Now normally I don't care what others do to themselves as long as it doesn't effect me or any one else, but brother, if the wrong person had seen that, you could of ended up in a very bad situation I mean you, your family, your friends, and anyone associated with you could of been killed or worse. There is so much risk in our day to day life's and me personally, I choose to ignore most of it and sometimes do stupid sh*t but that was further than even I would ever go, cause you put yourself and even worse, others lives in danger.

I'm sorry but I'm giving you a -1 on my vote until I've felt that you have learned just what you have done to the full extent. It pains me to hear what happened and I personally don't like that it happened but the shear thought of how stupid that was pains and scares me. Maybe Gildarts will have a change of heart but with that being said, I do hope that everything stays okay with you and your loved ones and that nothing ever goes wrong and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, learn from your mistake and never do something so idiotic and reckless again. I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by TheTexasBoys