ShadowKing Ban Appeal

ShadowKing

In-game name: ShadowKing DaB
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:211893787
Staff members in-game name: Sneezy
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:455969517
Date & Time of incident: 2019-10-14 - 21:35:29
Timezone: Eastern Daylight
Ban Reason: Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 Weeks
Proof of Ban: https://imgur.com/Yn0u9Q1
What happened? (include any proof): Me and my friend Corbz DaB were killing each other a lot and two people joined and and we were having fun but when I hit my Corbz with the PKM it destroyed him and hit the hobo behind him. The hobo reported me so when we were on a roof I spammed all the guns I had in my inventory and said "Sorry dude". "Here, you can have these because I'm nice". I specifically said he still had the choice to get me banned or not. He said "Alright. I don't want you banned. I just wanted to make sure you weren't massing the server" and he stated that he didn't want me banned and he didn't mind it anymore as long as I wasn't randomly killing a bunch of people.

Why should your ban be removed?: I had no intent to harm anyone or ruin the role play experience for any players. It was a simple battle between me and my friend that accidentally hit someone else. My only fault is RDM x 1 which I will take the punishment for. There was no reason to ban me for mass RDM especially since I am one of the most active staff members on the server who has actually contributed to the community and took the time to help out everyone. 

• Like 1

Entity said the logs was there to show him mass rdm and since Shadow also  tried to bribe reportee with guns. Another reason why the report wasn't dropped was bc you arent allowed the bribe reporters. Entity also said that Garnet said that there is no thing as ( consensual rdm ) which would leave to MASS RDM. I was on ts with entity as soon as the bribe part went down and entity had no problem with denying the cause. ( I will upload logs in a jiffy showing the kills and the damge logs. )

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy
33 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

My only fault is RDM x 1 which I will take the punishment for. There was no reason to ban me for mass RDM especially since I am one of the most active staff

How come you where telling the staff member taking the sit you will take a warn & jail for rdmx2 instead of a ban.

Just now, TBFYKingSnippy said:

How come you where telling the staff member taking the sit you will take a warn & jail for rdmx2 instead of a ban.

It takes time to analyze the coarse of events that took place. I only killed one person on accident. Everyone else was in the fun.

One thing I don't like about this is Shadow only being reported by one person for RDM but getting banned for mass, even though the only reporter stated they didn't want shadow banned. Makes no sense. Also the no bribery thing is kinda lame because sometimes people just want to be paid back for perks or weapons instead of dishing out punishments to whoever RDM'd them; Then you have others that would rather see someone get banned than take a $1M+ bribe. 

1 minute ago, proggy said:

One thing I don't like about this is Shadow only being reported by one person for RDM but getting banned for mass, even though the only reporter stated they didn't want shadow banned. Makes no sense. Also the no bribery thing is kinda lame because sometimes people just want to be paid back for perks or weapons instead of dishing out punishments to whoever RDM'd them; Then you have others that would rather see someone get banned than take a $1M+ bribe. 

That's actually a really good point. One person reports me and ends up revoking it before the ban takes place. In the end, it turns out a good staff member is banned for an extreme offense. I also disagree with not being able to bribe people. Like Proggy says "people just want to be paid back for perks or weapons".

4 minutes ago, Donkey_ said:

I would also agree. If the individual whom reported Shadow was okay not having him banned and the rest of "RDMs" were consensual I see little to no reason for him to be banned for mass. 

Is there a screenshot of logs out there?

Readddd bruhhh. I said ill upload it inna jiffy

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy

Well as I told Sneezy and Snippy a lot of times, I said it was their decision to determine your punishment. As they were the ones taking the sit rather than I. I was tired at the time but I do give you a good reason that this could be considered mass. For instance; 2 people were killed in which weren't "consenting" to the RDM. Which is RDMx2 at the start, then Garnet said that Consensual RDM is still RDM and if there was no RP reason to kill them then it counted, even for corbz. Lastly, every staff has the option to freeze a player if they are mass killing others in the street and just give a straight up ban which I explained to you in-game. It should've been stated to you when you were trained but I'm not sure who trained you.

Again, I didn't make the ban but this is still justified and was completely Sneezy and Snippy's decision. They could've warned, jailed or banned you in that scenario and they chose the last option. It might not seem fair but they are just following the rules stated by higher ups, and they had the option. I did hear Snippy say that he didn't want to just warn you since he's seen you Mass multiple times.

So this justifying their ban still doesn't mean you don't get unbanned but it's a valid punishment. I'd say wait for what the community say and then we'll talk with higher ups to determine what they want to do.

• Informative 1
26 minutes ago, Entity said:

Well as I told Sneezy and Snippy a lot of times, I said it was their decision to determine your punishment. As they were the ones taking the sit rather than I. I was tired at the time but I do give you a good reason that this could be considered mass. For instance; 2 people were killed in which weren't "consenting" to the RDM. Which is RDMx2 at the start, then Garnet said that Consensual RDM is still RDM and if there was no RP reason to kill them then it counted, even for corbz. Lastly, every staff has the option to freeze a player if they are mass killing others in the street and just give a straight up ban which I explained to you in-game. It should've been stated to you when you were trained but I'm not sure who trained you.

Again, I didn't make the ban but this is still justified and was completely Sneezy and Snippy's decision. They could've warned, jailed or banned you in that scenario and they chose the last option. It might not seem fair but they are just following the rules stated by higher ups, and they had the option. I did hear Snippy say that he didn't want to just warn you since he's seen you Mass multiple times.

So this justifying their ban still doesn't mean you don't get unbanned but it's a valid punishment. I'd say wait for what the community say and then we'll talk with higher ups to determine what they want to do.

That's a fair point that I can't disagree with. Even being punishable by Mass RDM, an offense like this, given the scenario it was, is a really extreme punishment for a staff member who has not only contributed to the server but has also logged almost all of his time every day towards the community. If my ultimate punishment after appealing against a ban was decided by facts rather than the judgement of the community, there would ultimately be no point in appealing on the forums.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149435584/screenshot/771730460394231332 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149435584/screenshot/771730460394231647

Pic of Damage logs and Kill logs. No need for advert logs bc he was a Spartan at the time(must aos until damaged)

He also shot Kino Dino without any damage being done to him(AOS before KOS)

(Logs also show him mass stun stick abusing)

Edited by TBFYKingSnippy