DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP Overhaul

shrimp

Not gonna lie I was iffy about this at the beginning but still gave a +1 But looking over all these details and thinking about it more, I’m fully on board for this, I’d love to see this added and go through, I’d even want to join it cause it sounds so fun, the work you’ve put into the details and everything helps even more so an even bigger +1

• Friendly 1

For anyone curious: This is location I'm looking at for a potential base:lonXoiS.jpg

I'll be on the server later to take a look at what assets we got to work with. I'll post some class suggestions after that.

Edited by shrimpus
gamer
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, shimps said:

For anyone curious: This is location I'm looking at for a potential base:lonXoiS.jpg

I'll be on the server later to take a look at what assets we got to work with. I'll post some class suggestions after that.

I’d love to help with some of these suggestions, if you wanna talk in TS later. 

Edited by Captainswag
4 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

G4S/Merc group?

I'll leave the decision on how recruitment will work to whoever is placed in charge or staff. Ideally, it's a highly exclusive invite-only tryout that focuses mostly on RP. I've got a few ideas in the backlog for that, and I think it would really help the success of the faction if an outside element made the tryout, and leadership wasn't able to change it to let people in, and that might ease other people's concerns. It's not up to me though. 

As for helping with suggestions, the best way you can help me come up with ideas is to just ask questions here. It'll force me to consider more factors and further develop the idea. If you yourself have something to suggest, feel free to post here or PM me.

How would it be if their base was possibly the town under BoardWalk, they could use the mining building and other buildings for their stuff, just a suggestion because it’s more centralized only problem would be they’re closer to BW  during war and stuff

15 hours ago, Phantom said:

Interesting idea that was brought up in the past. I would love to see it work out, but I've lost my faith in most people

To answer this concern, I'd like to briefly talk about a few things. First is the nature of the faction leader in GG history, as it's been a pretty similar one over the course of my time and onward. The rules and regulations that surround and bind faction leaders to their assigned duty are not specific enough to limit people, including myself, taking advantage them in order to improve their own faction at the cost of unbalancing the server.

It's reasonable to be concerned that this will be the outcome eventually, if not at first, with a new faction of this much perceived desirability and importance to the potential future of the server. I get that, but it's my personal belief that this is the perfect opportunity to test new restrictions and guidelines for leaders to then enforce on other factions and greatly improve the server. This is an opportunity to try new things across the board, take chances, and learn from past mistakes.

Also, I'd like to nominate Conway.

Edited by shrimpus
swag
9 minutes ago, Harris said:

How would it be if their base was possibly the town under BoardWalk, they could use the mining building and other buildings for their stuff, just a suggestion because it’s more centralized only problem would be they’re closer to BW  during war and stuff

This is good, however I'd like the base to be away from any objectives if possible. I'll be getting on later to take a look at the options.

12 minutes ago, Harris said:

The only problem would be is they are so much closer to us  than ru

Yeah this is fair, the shipping yard just happened to be the most apparent non-objective building that stood out to me from an overhead view of the map. I'll get a better idea of what I'm working with today.

• Like 1

Congratulations, I never post on the forums and never planned to. My first post was to be my resignation. But with this Idea possibly coming to life I feel as though it needs all the support it can get. So ill toss my hat in the ring. The plan seems thought though and seems as though it will benefit my Army and the server as a whole. I find it to be a wonderful Idea that will bring something to garnet that I've never seen given that i'm new compared to many others and only have a few hundred hours. This will be a endeavor to make a reality but you have my support in any case. So +1 from me. I hope i wont have to post again for a while because as I said before it will be my final post as GA. Good luck.

Sincerely,

11A GA Guitar

• Like 1

Going to add this here as well as the original post for convenience's sake: 

Class Recommendations:

For the standard secondary, I went with the currently unused SR-1M. It's a reliable shooter with a large magazine size and does very well in the covert environment, fun to RP with in my experience. For standard primaries issued to each class, the notion behind each choice is being a all-around useful, compact firearm that can be a tool in nearly any operation alongside specialized gear. The selections are as follows:

G4S Director
Primary: FN P90 (khr_p90)
Secondary: SR-1M (khr_sr1m)
Additional Gear: weapon_crowbar

G4S : Commander
Primary: FN P90 (khr_p90)
Additional Gear: cw_flash_grenade, cw_smoke_grenade

G4S : Operative
Additional Gear: cw_smoke_grenade

G4S : Mercenary

Any additional gear on the classes themselves is there for the sake of convenience due to how often added gear might be in use. The crowbar is for RP purposes, I swear. This setup allows for all classes to share a common load out and express uniformity in RP situations, which I can fully get behind. Classes are set up to compliment the rank structure. Lower enlisted will have mercenary, higher enlisted will have operative. Commander and Chairmen will have Commander, and the Directors will have director. I really don't know where to start with playermodels. I'll take suggestions on it for sure, but the easy way out is always CS professional models. 

• Like 2
  • Winner 1