GRU Overhaul

shrimp

TL;DR Remove GRU.

To go into more detail, I said remove GRU on a model change thread and it got a little traction, so I may as well formally lay it out here. GRU really doesn't serve and particular purpose, and it sort of did upon the implementation of the original RU Overhaul as a lower RP alternative to SSO, but now with PDSS having been added, it's kinda worthless. Even now, with the recent complaints and suggestions about models, it's more work than it's worth.

As far as what to do with the current GRU members if implemented, that's up to current administration.

Thanks,
shrimps

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So for everyone unfamiliar with what happens when a faction gets nuked, usually it's standard operating procedure to bitch and moan for a few days before realizing that you have to remove somethings before adding others. The recent cut-down-and-compile threads have been aimed at doing exactly that. Once certain fairly useless things are eliminated, we can clear the way for bigger and better things. Not a big deal.

If you really don't understand, or are upset by me calling GRU 'useless', feel free to PM me, I can have it make a lot more sense.

Wouldn't this upset the balance of SOC factions on each side though? I don't remember the exact amount of factions on each side, but I thought they were even last I checked. I understand that you "want to clear the path for bigger and better things", but I don't know if that would be a good idea to remove GRU without having something already planned out to replace it beforehand. 

If you're only reasoning for removing the faction is "They serve no purpose" and "GRU models are too fucked up to even deal with" then I don't think those are good enough reasons alone to warrant removing the faction and displacing so many people that are in the faction already.

• Cringe 2