DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Witchings Staff Application

Witchings

A lot of DarkRP players and staff are coming out of the floorboards to give their positive input due to your time as staff on the DarkRP server, and that raises a few concerns with me. First off, I'd like to make it very clear that being staff on the MRP server is entirely different than the DRP server, which I can assume you probably know. We, the community, have been put in a sort of frontier situation where a lot of rules and precedents are sort of 'up in the air'. This results in just a general confusion and misconception of the rules, where we end up with a lot of staff situations where the staff themselves, at every level, are being forced to use their brains to make on the spot interpretations of the rules and staff protocols. More recently, this is how we ended up with the 'Mikel' situation. It's not like DRP in the way that there isn't a clear and consistent definition of the rules staff are tasked with enforcing, and a lot of the judgement is left up to the staff member involved on more complicated issues as they server rapidly evolves. The concern in the thread previously has been your recent return, and how much you know the community, but I think it's more important that you learn the direction the server is heading in before you start making the decisions to influence that.

TL;DR I like you Witchings, and I think you're a good player and member of the community, but I don't think a staff position is right for you just yet.

• 300 IQ 1
19 hours ago, shrimp said:

A lot of DarkRP players and staff are coming out of the floorboards to give their positive input due to your time as staff on the DarkRP server, and that raises a few concerns with me. First off, I'd like to make it very clear that being staff on the MRP server is entirely different than the DRP server, which I can assume you probably know. We, the community, have been put in a sort of frontier situation where a lot of rules and precedents are sort of 'up in the air'. This results in just a general confusion and misconception of the rules, where we end up with a lot of staff situations where the staff themselves, at every level, are being forced to use their brains to make on the spot interpretations of the rules and staff protocols. More recently, this is how we ended up with the 'Mikel' situation. It's not like DRP in the way that there isn't a clear and consistent definition of the rules staff are tasked with enforcing, and a lot of the judgement is left up to the staff member involved on more complicated issues as they server rapidly evolves. The concern in the thread previously has been your recent return, and how much you know the community, but I think it's more important that you learn the direction the server is heading in before you start making the decisions to influence that.

TL;DR I like you Witchings, and I think you're a good player and member of the community, but I don't think a staff position is right for you just yet.

Your concerns aren't too clear, you think it's a bad thing to support me based on having previous staffing experiences on a GG server? While the staffing may seem different it's still gives me the skills to take sits quickly, know commands, and read gray areas, DRP still has these areas whereas it's up to staff to decide. With my recent return I've already made a solid entry, getting to know majorily US again, with most RU knowing me. 

Regarding the direction thing, it's hard to know where a server is heading when you're not talking to staff or the devs, this would be easier if I was on the staff team. Overall I think it's a tad bit unfair to say I'm not ready, if you hardly know me or my history with the server.