[MRP] ACOG Guide

Everyone loves a good old fashioned ACOG sight, but most people really just don't know how to use it. Today I will discuss the proper way to utilize the common ACOG sight found on many CW weapons.

First and foremost, below you will see the ideal ACOG sight you should be using.
dovkMu6.png

The key identifier is that little ring on the top, which will be important later.

What most people don't realize is the fact that the ACOG, in this case, is a dynamic sight. That means that while the ACOG's primary function is the 4x zoom, used to engage targets at longer distances, the ACOG has a secondary function as well. Below you will see the primary optic of the ACOG sight.

fDW6JDs.jpg

The standard reticle for the ACOG sight is a red arrowhead. When lining up a target, align the bottom part of the arrowhead with the target's center of mass.. That should allow you to land headshots more often than now, which are critically for doing any sort of damage with a standard rifle at range.  

The most common complaint with the ACOG is the fact that it is extremely difficult to use at a range closer than 75m. With that in mind, allow me to introduce the lesser known second feature of the ACOG sight.

By double-tapping your E (Use) key, you can switch to the iron sights built in on top of the sight rapidly, allowing you to engage close range targets without having to default to shooting from the hip, or switching optics entirely. It looks like this.

xlcmG8X.jpg

Once you're in this position, it's simply fire at will.

Hope this guide helps all you ACOG-haters learn to use a less popular sight. If not, I hope you at least learned something new.

Edited by shrimpus
  • Like 3
  • 300 IQ 4
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Here’s why I never used this - ACOGs are pretty much useless due to rifles not having good accuracy at ranges where you need a 3.4x scope.

what I’m saying is I wish guns were more accurate if they are on single fire but I doubt that will happen

also kudos to you for bringing this to light, lotta people forget the Trijicon ACOG does this 

I knew about this back on forest but since I use simple it doesn't work and im not going back from simple. Now I know a lot of people that don't use simple for the fact they lose awareness but this would help them so thank you for that. But for all of us people that use simple we're shit out of luck sadly. This would be nice for both instances. 

• 2 months later...