Mayor situation (May or may not be hypothetical)

So I have a hypothetical situation that may or may not be related to what happened on the darkrp server a few minutes ago. 

So lets say that there was a hypothetical mayor named Lyri who made laws such as "Citizens must always use the streets." Then a staff member comes up to him, we'll call him OldSchool, with a rank of, let's say TRIALMODERATOR, and tells Lyri that that law is unacceptable and makes him remove the law. Lyri removes the law. At the time, there were two staff members online. Oldschool being one of them and the other being Thigh High.

Now we fast forwarda few moments later when Lyri has new improved laws that go along the lines of "No Witchcraft," "Being gay is a sin," "No Communism" and other silly laws. Now OldSchool comes back, slightly triggered, and then demands and forces Lyri remove those laws because they are "false laws." Claiming it is false to outlaw Witchcraft since there is no such add-on on the server (He uses the same reasoning for the other laws that are placed). He then tells Lyri that if he has a problem with his "flawless ruling," to make a post on it in the forum.

So I guess the question I want to impose on you is: Was it really against the rules to make laws like the ones Lyri made?

Now lets hypothetically say that in the motd it states that there are No minge laws, meaning anything, not RP related, are not permitted. now, hypothetically, being reprimanded for having laws such as "being gay is a sin" and "no witchcraft" fall in line with the definition of a minge law.  

now in this hypothetical situation, I believe that the TRIAL MODERATOR Knew the rules of the server better than this hypothetical man, as he went through the communities screening processes to become one and was tested on his knowledge.

HYPOTHETICALLY

Well that is understandable. From what I have seen on the server, there have been instances where laws like that have been made and stayed there until the mayor died or until people forced them to be removed if they contradicted the first 3 laws or if it was a KOS law or a law that prevented a role from doing their job like a gun dealer. Seeing laws like that being enforced for the first time threw me off a bit.

Now see I know minge rules exist, but I thought that the cancerous ones were a big no. Making a law that says you have to crouchwalk would be an example of something that shouldnt exist. With a law like No Witchcraft, i would imagine that there could be rp with that if some players form a cult or something to set an rp mood. But yeah, I got you now.