pj4x - Unban Appeal

pj4x

In-game name: pj4x
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:534579745
Staff members in-game name: Jean Pierre
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): Can't access since ya know, banned.
Date & Time of incident: 20200728 @1532 CST
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: NITRP
How long were you banned for?: 1 Week
Proof of Ban: Linked Below
What happened? (include any proof): As I spawned into the server, I had a player come up to me and repeatedly ask me to shoot him, so I did. The player having some type of in game rank was asking for help and I was helping him. Jean Pierre TP'd to me telling me I will be banned for doing such thing, even though the player clearly asked for help and was completely consensual. I then helped the player, got back into my role and got banned. NITRP is a little odd coming from the fact I just joined and I was on for less than five minutes. I made no attempt to Mass RDM, no attempt to RDM other than having someone screaming at me while fixing my audio, so I helped the dude out. Jean's inappropriate usage of power is something this staff team needs to manage. 
Why should your ban be removed?: Considering the only warning I had was from Jean saying "You will be banned for this," after explaining the situation and getting "idc" in response, this was a ban that was jumped too soon. I hopped on to play with the TTT staff team and vibe, but obviously the impatience of the T. Admin who banned me will probably go ignored.

https://imgur.com/wPGwyzJ

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Snapper said:

Gonna say -1 for two reasons. 
Never known @Bortnik_ to ban without reason and you were banned for NITRP, not RDM which required more than one instance for a ban. 

Gonna go ahead and re-state, I had just connected and was banned five minutes later with killing the player who said to and changing to the 501st being my only two actions. So unless you're telling me switching to my class is NITRP...

Edited by pj4x
spelling

So, to start off, consentual RDM is still RDM, after you were done, shooting that guy 50+ times, you then proceeded to throw insults at me and begin shooting me as well(keep in mind this is in RP). So the ban is valid, you broke three rules in under 5 minutes. Two being Att.RDM for shooting the random and me, and then insulting me in-character (FRP). Then in the 2nd video, it just shows you saying "stop cheating or i'm calling an admin" over and over while shooting him, so general minging. and technically the same case of Att.RDM since he hasn't died. 

Vid 1: Ignore jake and mark talking in the background (keep in mind, the insults come before i even type "you're gonna get banned")

Vid 2:

Edited by Bortnik_
vid links
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Just now, Bortnik_ said:

So, to start off, consentual RDM is still RDM, after you were done, shooting that guy 50+ times, you then proceeded to throw insults at me and begin shooting me as well(keep in mind this is in RP). So the ban is valid, you broke three rules in under 5 minutes. Two being Att.RDM for shooting the random and me, and then insulting me in-character (FRP). Then in the 2nd video, it just shows you saying "stop cheating or i'm calling an admin" over and over while shooting him, so general minging. and technically the same case of Att.RDM since he hasn't died. 

I'll edit this post with the Video links once they upload

So are you going to mention the part where he's screaming at me to kill him? 

Are you going to mention the part where you threatened a ban for no reason? What about after explaining why I am doing what I was doing and you just responding with "idc?" 

Where is the warning for him minging then? Genuine ear raping in spawn baiting for RDM is perfectly okay while responding to it on my end is wrong.

And I was not in role, you managed to ban me while I switched over to my class. FRP doesn't apply here.

Did you even make a sit with the dude? That's the part where I am so lost and so pissed. The other times I have played SWRP and got in any trouble, there were sits. You just banned me after two texts and that was it. By rushing it, you didn't give the player a chance to report me, you didn't give me a chance to say anything. Instead you placed NITRP and gave me one week. 

• Like 1
  • Cringe 3
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, pj4x said:

So are you going to mention the part where he's screaming at me to kill him? 

Ignore him, like is said, Consensual RDM is still RDM.

4 minutes ago, pj4x said:

Are you going to mention the part where you threatened a ban for no reason? What about after explaining why I am doing what I was doing and you just responding with "idc?"

Im suprised you didn't realize that shooting people and insulting them IC, isn't enough to warrant a ban. As for the explaining i'll admit that i did not tell you what you were doing wrong, but it's like a masser. You don't pm them and say "Hey man, stop killing everyone, this is your warning", no. You ban them. Although i have no way to prove it, i was going to explain what you were doing was wrong, but instead, you begin shooting at me, then at him after i said "you're gonna get banned if you keep doing it(shooting at him)".

7 minutes ago, pj4x said:

Where is the warning for him minging then? Genuine ear raping in spawn baiting for RDM is perfectly okay while responding to it on my end is wrong.

I already muted his voice earlier as a warning to him(5 minutes), and no one ever reported him again, so...  As for baiting an rdm, not sure what you mean. If he was running in-front of your shots then that's a reportable offence. But if he was just saying "kill me" then that's not baiting.

10 minutes ago, pj4x said:

And I was not in role, you managed to ban me while I switched over to my class. FRP doesn't apply here.

not sure what you mean by that, i'm assuming you mean since you were on CT recruit you're exempt from that, and that is false. The only place that ignores FRP is the cantina.

12 minutes ago, pj4x said:

Did you even make a sit with the dude? That's the part where I am so lost and so pissed. The other times I have played SWRP and got in any trouble, there were sits. You just banned me after two texts and that was it. By rushing it, you didn't give the player a chance to report me, you didn't give me a chance to say anything. Instead you placed NITRP and gave me one week. 

What was there to say, you broke multiple rules, whether you knew them or not, it's your responsibility to know them and abide by them. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

I already muted his voice earlier as a warning to him(5 minutes), and no one ever reported him again, so...  As for baiting an rdm, not sure what you mean. If he was running in-front of your shots then that's a reportable offence. But if he was just saying "kill me" then that's not baiting.

Not baiting? Dude had the whole fucking snare set up and you're gonna tell me that wasn't bait. You are serious telling me this right?

8 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

What was there to say, you broke multiple rules, whether you knew them or not, it's your responsibility to know them and abide by them. 

I don't know, sit me down, ask me what is going on. You basically self admitted to skipping your procedures and you prematurely banned me. You self admitted to it, so please don't try justifying it.

With the whopping ten players online the server, including my two friends I joined to play with, there was ample opportunity to bring me and at least have the common courtesy to identify as a staff member, tell me to stop and move on. 

You cut out everything I said. The dude ear raping in front of a staff member, him begging to get killed and you fucking let him. Just lock, I cannot believe you posted cut clips.

Edited by pj4x
  • Toxic 1
8 minutes ago, pj4x said:

there was ample opportunity to bring me and at least have the common courtesy to identify as a staff member, tell me to stop and move on. 

You say ample, but I told you to stop or you're gonna get banned, so that should be enough to make you stop, well apparently it wasn't, so you kept on going. I know for a fact, if i was on any other server(that i have no experience on) i'd listen to other people. If i was on DRP and i made this base, with a lot of fading doors, and someone said you can't have that many, i'd acknowledge said player, and then remove the fading doors. It should be similar in this situation. If someone comes up to you, albeit i didn't say it in the most convincing way, nevertheless you should've at least stopped, and listened to what i had to say. You also could've just pressed tab and seen the fact that I was a T. Admin in half a second. 

9 minutes ago, pj4x said:

You cut out everything I said. The dude ear raping in front of a staff member, him begging to get killed and you fucking let him. Just lock, I cannot believe you posted cut clips.

They're not cut, it's just when I started recording, I have hotkeys. And he was actually going to get banned for NITRP earlier, but the guy that brought it up, didn't have evidence, so we had to get more, which i was in the process of doing, until you did the things that you did.

• Like 1
  • Forums Moderator

Denied.
Bortnik showed enough evidence for the ban. It was very obvious NITRP. Even if he was saying 'shoot me,' it still is considered RDM. With the Att. RDMx2 on top of FRPing, the ban is valid.
Wait out your ban.

@Enigma lock and move please.

Edited by eli_
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2