ShrapNyll Moderator Application

ShrapNyll

In-game name: Phil Philly
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:160851294
Warns: 3

Timezone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10)
Playtime?: 152:49:13 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES/NO]: Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: MapleSyrup
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional]: No

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]: There are multiple reasons why I should be chosen over other applicants. The first being that I, in my opinion am more mature than other people that would be applying, which does come with age. Another reason would be that I have played the server for a decent amount of time and GMOD even longer. I have over 5000 hours on GMOD itself, only 1500 on my current account. Ive played Sandbox to DarkRP, Zombie Survival to Hide and Seek and much more. This results in me having a thorough knowledge of the game, the server and its players.

More reasoning would be that I have great Management, Teamwork, Autonomous and Service skills. I believe that this would also allow me to have a professional approach to being Staff on the server, as well as being one for helping the community. Im always helping out new players, whether it be answering questions, showing them how to play the server or assisting them in getting started. On top of that I bring additional Time Zone Staffing, therefor being able to help the server at times most staff are not online, which has been needed a lot just from my experience.

As a person I am caring, compassionate and all for helping others. This is another positive contribution I can bring to being a Staff Member. I am mature, professional, thorough and strict when required. I try to have a positive output on the Garnet community. I hope that I can bring this to a fun yet professional look and vibe to the server as being Moderator and help the community in and outside of the game.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I have been punished on this server and others, just warns for general slip-ups.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Roughly 7 hours a day.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: Obviously playing other games, hanging out with friends, riding mountain bikes and I work part-time.
Did you read the staff rules?: Phil Philly

Edited by ShrapNyll
Layout and Upgraded Paragraphs
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

What are these for?

I've had some interactions with you in game, but not enough for me to understand you enough, so im going to -1 for now until the warns are explained, and it also depends on others experiences with you.

1 RDM which from memory was countering as a Hobo.
1 RDM I cant remember.
1 ARDM in which I stabbed someone while running around as a Hobo Lord.

- Your paragraphs arent that big, beef them up some more

- You have multiple warns for RDM related incidents

You have potential so I'm not going to -1 this nor am I going to +1 it. We need staff on during different time zones. Beefup your paragraphs and I'll +1

-1 Your paragraphs are a bit week and i don't think they really tell me who you are and what your goal is/how to benefit the server. Otherwise your staff app is pretty good. You have good potential hours towards the server and we could use more active staff. 

side note : stop doing that Warn 1/2/3 shit. if you are gonna be staff don't annoy staff with that anymore, seems redundant to do something purposefully that annoys staff.

8 hours ago, xdJustice23 said:

- Your paragraphs arent that big, beef them up some more

- You have multiple warns for RDM related incidents

You have potential so I'm not going to -1 this nor am I going to +1 it. We need staff on during different time zones. Beefup your paragraphs and I'll +1

In regards to beefing up my paragraphs, should I create a new application or just edit my current one?

With the Multiple RDM warns a fair reason. Thats not to say however they did make me be more cautious when it comes to hostile RP situations.

5 hours ago, jorts said:

i don't wanna -1 because i love you, but add a bit more to your paragraphs. 

As I replied to Justice above, I ask the same question, create a new one, or edit? 

4 minutes ago, BeMinxX said:

-1 Your paragraphs are a bit week and i don't think they really tell me who you are and what your goal is/how to benefit the server. Otherwise your staff app is pretty good. You have good potential hours towards the server and we could use more active staff. 

side note : stop doing that Warn 1/2/3 shit. if you are gonna be staff don't annoy staff with that anymore, seems redundant to do something purposefully that annoys staff.

I will do my best when upgrading my paragraphs to make it more detailed. 
In regards to the Warn 1/2/3, I wont do it again, I didnt mean to annoy you, I was just being overly cheeky. It wont happen again.

And to all 3 of you, thank you for the criticism and I will use that to make my application better. 

13 hours ago, ShrapNyll said:

In regards to beefing up my paragraphs, should I create a new application or just edit my current one?

With the Multiple RDM warns a fair reason. Thats not to say however they did make me be more cautious when it comes to hostile RP situations.

As I replied to Justice above, I ask the same question, create a new one, or edit? 

I will do my best when upgrading my paragraphs to make it more detailed. 
In regards to the Warn 1/2/3, I wont do it again, I didnt mean to annoy you, I was just being overly cheeky. It wont happen again.

And to all 3 of you, thank you for the criticism and I will use that to make my application better. 

Just edit the current app, your dont need to make a new one

• Weak paragraphs
  • A lot of warns
  • Not sure if I've seen you in game
    On 10/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, xdJustice23 said:

Like Justice said you do have potential, if those paragraphs change I'll consider changing it to a +1. I'd honestly say try waiting for the warns to go away and try reapplying.

Denied

As you are aware you have too many warns for us to consider you for staff.

Please do not let this discourage you, I would love to see you staff this server.

Feel free to reapply once most of your warns are gone. (hopefully you do) 

You can check the status of your warn by typing /warnmenu.