suggestion for staff?

tinyfrog

Description: The upper-leveled staff members could have a meeting discussing proper punishments for players that get /reported. I have seen PVTs get banned for two weeks for a single RDM, and I've seen PVT's get held in a sit for five minutes and maybe warned for a mass. A written set of punishments should be put in place for each offense. Each player (Steam ID) can be marked down in a roster for how many offenses (not necessarily warns) have been made. Punishment can be determined by how many times the player has committed the act in the past, as well as how new they are to the server. Instead of giving lower staff members this much power, force them to try and "rehabilitate" the wrongdoers in the situation before heading directly to punishment. If anyone agrees, I am willing to help make a list of punishments for each offense, and how to determine if a player has gone too far.

Reasoning: Part of the reason GG MilRP is losing its player base is due to players getting upset over unfair bans for honest mistakes. Instead of a ban, you could have the player read the rules page aloud to the staff member, and fully understand the rules. If they continue, then obviously harsher punishment can be pursued. 

Additional Info: I don't have any screenshots, but I have had personal instances where I have believed members have made honest mistakes and do not deserve warns from staff. Despite asking the staff to not warn them during the sit, I never get anywhere with it because it is not up to me. 

• Disagree 5

We have a meeting on Thursday. I won't be able to attend it, but this will be brought up.

Unfortunately, there isn't one blanket fix we can make to fix things like this, as staff are human. We have different bans for Mass for example, but ultimately, it's up to the staff member's discretion in the sit. We have written punishment guidelines for each offence, but obviously there are sometimes circumstances that can affect the final decision, whether bad or good.

If you think staff members are banning/punishing out of line, you can reach out to a staff member higher than them. This only applies if you were directly involved in the sit. If you really feel someone was incredibly out of line, reach out, but if repeated claims are made and found to be baseless, then that reflects more on you, the general you, not you specifically, than the staff member. Ultimately, Ozzy and I oversee things the best we can, but we can't be everywhere at once, hence the chain of command needs to be followed.

We also have a process for warns/bans given out that the recipient may feel are unfair. Each ban message contains a link to appealing said ban, very few members appeal their bans, so to me, most of the bans being handed out are valid.

I cannot say if the same message applies for warns, but the same principle applies. If someone feels they were warned unfairly, they can appeal.

To say MRP is losing it's player base due to staff punishing players is a stretch. There are several reasons player count has been/is low, but it's definitely not that.

Thanks for the post.

• Agree 1