Phor

In-game name: 2GA RFR POS MrGentlePickle | GRU SGT MrGentlePickle

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:94819670

Warns: 0 within last year.

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 697:04:10

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None, (I am previous GG staff)

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe that I would be a valuable part of the Game Master team because I have a creative personality. I am able to imagine and develop well connected plots for events. which can contribute to every players experience while playing. I have been a part of the community since 2017, due to this, I have developed a feeling for what the average player would like in regards to the types of gameplay. In addition, I believe that I am a better choice than any other applicant because I understand that players need a balance of event information and roleplay. Most importantly, I will be very open to any compliments or criticisms and use them to improve upon future events.

I am the best person for this position because I have had a long-time passion for strategic games and history; This can be used to make scenarios that are require a set of real problem-solving skills, making you think about every event differently. The last reason I believe I should be chosen is because of my experience with the roleplay within the server ( Some of you may remember me as the ALQ Gen). Overall, I can bring variety, challenge, engagement, and excitement.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details No.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I am available any time during weekends, and majority of day during the week.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of a gamemaster is to ensure the player has a good roleplay experience. The first responsibility is to add, not remove from their experience, The second is to listen to player feedback and use it to improve upon their experience in the future. The third is to assist in creative and technical planning for the gameplay of the player. The last is to assist management in finding cheats/exploits as well as any bugs that can endanger the gameplay of another.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would try my hardest to provide easily understandable event plots, as well as keeping events running as smoothly and as fast as possible. If problems arise within an event or war, I would work quickly to keep players on track to what they should do next.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: My current best idea is a Kidnap-Investigation Event:

Phase 1: [The Search]

[Start 10 minutes prior to war, End if 'SI' dies]

2 Randomly Selected Players from US/RU [ 2 selected from same Faction, will be 'DEFENDER' | unselected Faction will be 'ATTACKER' ] (Check that both players will be on all-event) will be selected as 'Kidnapped Officer' [KO] and 'Special Investigator' [SI] ( During Phase 1, 'SI' only has 1 life. )

Plot: " A 'KO' is reported to be concealed in a hidden location! The squad that was assigned to protect 'KO' during his stroll were over-whelmed by a greater force. High-Ranking Officers hire the best 'SI' from the country to solve the mystery of 'KO' 's location."

'DEFENDER' : The team must protect the 'SI' along a pre-determined route, stopping at evidence locations throughout the map for 1 - 2 minutes each. (Time kept by game master) Once stopping at the locations, the 'SI' must return to their respective teams debrief before commencing to 'Phase 2.'

'ATTACKER' : The team must attempt to ambush the 'DEFENDER' team along their route. The main objective during this phase is to kill the 'SI.' Success in this endeavor means causing the enemy to waste much needed resources and capability.

Phase 2: [The Rescue]

[During Phase 2, 'PO' only has 1 life, 'SI' no longer is limited on lives]

[Start after 'DEFENDER' succeeds with Phase 1, End if 'PO' dies.]

'DEFENDER' : 'SI' will be given the location of the 'KO' by the Game Master. They must focus attack and rescue 'KO' from the location before he is killed.

'ATTACKER' :  The team must wait until 5 minutes after Phase 2 begins in order to execute the 'KO.' Until then, the team must focus defense at the location of the 'KO'

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1 : ) This is the Way : A player with a .50 Pistol, Rocket Launcher, and Experimental Armor (1500 Armor)  is tasked with extracting a VIP from a specific known location. (1 US/RU Versus Entire Rest of server becoming opposite faction)

( Small to Medium Pop )

2 : ) The Massed Media : Gather as many neutral VIP's as possible within the specific amount of time to win the event. VIP's are unarmed and must follow FearRP but may run if they see you coming up.

( Large Pop )

3 : ) Jacked Up : 5 Soldiers from each team are the results of experimental drug treatments, Boosting their speed by 1.25, Health set to 250, and Automatic Health Regen of 2 HP Every 3 Seconds.

( Any Pop )

4 : ) Full'o'Holes : Everyone plays war with an M60 MG (Regular War, but weapons are restricted to 'keys' and 'M60'

( Any Pop )

5 : ) Preach to the End : A single radical figure within the Russian Forces is gaining a following with fellow Russians and external extremist groups alike. ( A single Jihad officer ) The US must take him out before his march reaches the gates! 

( Large Pop )

Edited by Phor
More descriptive

Just curious what is your in game name ? you stated MrGentlePickle but from the people I've talken too no one knows who you are. 

Also on a side note, while the events suggested sound fun and cool realistically right now event 1 and 3 are not possible on the server. 

• Informative 1
1 hour ago, Tora1 said:

Just curious what is your in game name ? you stated MrGentlePickle but from the people I've talken too no one knows who you are. 

Also on a side note, while the events suggested sound fun and cool realistically right now event 1 and 3 are not possible on the server. 

I used to be the ALQ Gen before the map change.

I am unsure how setting armor and giving them weapons isn't possible in either 1 or 3, But understandably, a small health regen script would have to be added in, yes.  

These are after all just possible events. I have many others.

I updated the events to be a little more descriptive.

Edited by Phor
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
2 hours ago, Phor said:

I used to be the ALQ Gen before the map change.

I am unsure how setting armor and giving them weapons isn't possible in either 1 or 3, But understandably, a small health regen script would have to be added in, yes.  

These are after all just possible events. I have many others.

I updated the events to be a little more descriptive.

That map change was 3 years ago. Were all your hours from then?

R96DWw3.png

Denied

Your application is well written but you have gotten no community feedback at all, the other contributing factor is your hours; while you have well over the amount required, not many of them are recent so we cannot confidently say what you are like from experiences with you, from our perspective you may as well have 97 hours as the recent ones are the ones that count to us. 

You may re-apply in 21 days giving you enough time to work on your image and prove yourself to the community.

@Homast @Zachman