1 Week Ban Appeal

Name: The Hermit Spycrab

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:43052281

Staff who Banned you: Not Sure

People Involved: No one really besides my two friends Toasted Pickle and _Carnage_

Reason You were Banned: "Mass RDM"

How long were you banned for?: One week

Proof of Ban: duBTCuS.png

Your side of the story: So me and my friends decided to try out some Gmod RP servers last night and came across this one. We ended up really enjoying it, but after getting killed in a few too many raids we decided to conduct one of our own. We did what everyone else did, and everything seemed to go pretty well, until my two friends got shot through the windows and I was left alone. So, I ran outside trying to shoot the police who had killed my friends. I kind of panicked though and ended up shooting some police and some civilians who were in the crossfire. Then I got teleported on to the roof and was told that I was going to be banned for a week. I asked the admin what I had done wrong and told him I was only repeating what I had seen other players do and not get in trouble for, and he said I should appeal if I feel that way and the ban went through. From what I can gather (since neither of my friends got in trouble) I simply should have had a better trigger finger while trying to gun down the police and had killed too many civilians. I can assure you it won't happen again; I just really enjoyed RPing on this server and I'd like to continue playing with my friends. This was all last night so I don't remember the name of the admin who banned me. Thanks for your time.

Edited by The Hermit Spycrab
1 hour ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

-1 Crossfire is still considered Att. RDM, so if you crossfire 3+ people, its considered att. Mass RDM which still has the same punishment as mass RDM.

I feel like at that point you're being a bit legalistic. I'm new to RP servers, I got a rush of my first criminal activity and was careless. It won't happen again, and if it does then ban me for forever or whatever. I just wanna be able to play with my friends. We're not gonna wait a week to resume playing, and I don't want to have to look for a new server because this is the best one we've found by far. Is a bit of grace too much to ask?

2 hours ago, The Hermit Spycrab said:

I feel like at that point you're being a bit legalistic. I'm new to RP servers, I got a rush of my first criminal activity and was careless. It won't happen again, and if it does then ban me for forever or whatever. I just wanna be able to play with my friends. We're not gonna wait a week to resume playing, and I don't want to have to look for a new server because this is the best one we've found by far. Is a bit of grace too much to ask?

Appeals are not for apologizing. They are for false bans.

1 hour ago, Watak said:

Appeals are not for apologizing. They are for false bans.

It seems a bit silly to act like those are the only two positions that someone can take. I'm not apologizing. I'm saying I think the ban is unreasonably long and asking for a bit of grace.

I figured the week long ban was to root out people who just join so that they can RDM, yeah? Well here I am making a forum account and petitioning to get back in so obviously I care about actually playing on the server. What good is there in saying "nope, sorry that you want to play on our server and won't let it happen again, you made a mistake because you're new to RP games so you better all pack up and go to another server"?

49 minutes ago, The Hermit Spycrab said:

It seems a bit silly to act like those are the only two positions that someone can take. I'm not apologizing. I'm saying I think the ban is unreasonably long and asking for a bit of grace.

I figured the week long ban was to root out people who just join so that they can RDM, yeah? Well here I am making a forum account and petitioning to get back in so obviously I care about actually playing on the server. What good is there in saying "nope, sorry that you want to play on our server and won't let it happen again, you made a mistake because you're new to RP games so you better all pack up and go to another server"?

There is no grace, you still broke the rules. If we gave you grace, then it'd be unfair to all the others we've banned because of this.

41 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

There is no grace, you still broke the rules. If we gave you grace, then it'd be unfair to all the others we've banned because of this.

You've banned a lot of other people in the exact same situation? Like, exactly the same as mine? Seems a bit unlikely.

I've always disagreed with communities that have such blanket rules. There's always differing circumstances that deserve differing judgements. Most modern law systems have people determine proper punishments based on the situation, dunno why this server that it supposed to be a place for fun and community has to be less tolerant than that.