[MRP] United States M4 SOPMOD

Ting

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

After all of the weapon changes, somethings still need a bit of adjusting in my eyes, and the eyes of others. One of those changes, and probably the biggest one, is the M4SOPMOD. This weapon is given to any member of the server who has T2, Rangers, or Army WO-Officer WLs. It is arguably the most broken gun on the server right now, and it makes all combat against the people listed before unfun. Below, I have listed my take on what needs to happen for this gun to be balanced.

First of all, we need to discuss the aim spread

9070c1a8a908a2bdee842cb9be8680d5.png

This right here is the spread of the best (crowd sourced) attachments on the current SOPMOD

23e00ee5045901348208146a51646e4b.png

This right here is the spread of the AEK. tell me whats wrong here.

At this moment in time, the SOPMOD works less like an AR, and more like a lazer. I notice with the right attachments there is no aim spread, AND no recoil. two things that should not be combined. I believe that with the following changes, this would be resolved.

Topic: SOPMOD Aim Spread

Change the aim spread of the SOPMOD from +40% max and %7 per bullet  ----> +57 max and 10% per bullet.

Another needed change is the removal of the "Rail" attachment. This Rail attachment makes the SOPMOD gain 25% less accumulative spread (10%), and 20% less hip fire spread. This is one of the main reasons why the SOPMOD is so much of a lazer. with the fixed 57% max spread, I believe this issue would be eliminated.

Reason:

The reason I chose 57% max was because the base stat (40% and 7% per/b). I, and others, think should it be changed to 10% per/b. So by doing 40/7 = 5.7, I did 10*5.7= 57. This change will make the spread of the gun a bit more taxing, making it much harder to hit every shot in a 5-7 bullet spray.

Topic: SOPMOD Damage

Currently, the damage on the SOPMOD makes it incredibly op whenever you hit all of those shots. the gun currently three taps, but with one hs, you get brought down to 80%. The only gun that should be able to do that in my opinion, is a DMR. So, one change that is needed is a decrease in damage.

I believe that the damage should be changed from 40 ---> 35. AND the removal of all damage buffs from the receiver attachments.

With the combination of both the aim spread, and the damage, this gun is way too imbalanced and needs to be fixed.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

c195fa3fdb1d0353a701d3cb08a3e423.jpg

Attachments used in aim spread screenshot.

e7e540da4ec8ba3cdb095b709bcbf302.png

base and current stats with attachments on

• Agree 3
  • The Garnut

An AK's stats in comparison 🤷‍♂️ seems like a non-issue or atleast (to me) a problem you made up because you're being beaten in war

gr_7ecf39je2af9.png

24 minutes ago, Ting said:

This right here is the spread of the best (crowd sourced) attachments on the current SOPMOD

23e00ee5045901348208146a51646e4b.png

PS good job showcasing a spray pattern in a closed shooting range.

At the end of the day, i'm in favor of removing some of the attachments' buffs, but I do think this post includes alot of pointless information.

The recent updates with guns have made it an AR only war system. As it stands right now, if you arent using an AR or sometimes a sniper, you will get shit on. As much as I like the idea, the old weapon system actually promoted the use of almost every weapon. 

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, huskaii said:

the old weapon system actually promoted the use of almost every weapon. 

If you consider sniping with slug rounds to out-perform snipers a "utilization of shotguns", then sure.

In any case, this morning I had officially nerfed the M4 a bit and overall dampened the effects of all weapon attachments!

• Like 2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines