Bass Joe Gatto - Staff Application

Atheol

In-game name: Bass Joe Gatto
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:95567392
Warns: 3
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Playtime?: 116:53:49
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]: YES (Radeon Shadowplay & OBS)
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Romac622 3D & LordofDragon FUBAR
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

-- You should choose me over other applicants because I feel like I can make the server an easier place to relax and play GMOD. Over the very short course of my life I have learned a lot of things regarding my values and limitations. Since I was young I have always been independent and strong willed and I believe that adds to my value as a prospected staff member. I believe that my ability to quickly learn and learn a lot of information at once are good skills for a staff member to have. Moreover, I play on GARNET dark rp server almost exclusively. Before this past month I wasn't very active, I would get on here and there and not really try to make any connections with people. Since almost dedicating my entire free time to playing on this server recently, I have made a lot of connections with people who I don't think I would've met before hand. I think that is a really important aspect to have as a staff member; connections with the people who you are going to have to take sits with, because if you don't have connections with anyone on the server whats the point of becoming a staff member? The goal is to grow and improve the server in ways that wouldn't have been made capable without you on the staff roster. Here is a short and quick list of the people I have met and whom I would say that I have made quite good relationships: Get (aka Relax), Romac622 3D, Rapts (he buys and sells my printers and has always been a nice dude), Baby Dolls Topless, and LordofDragon Fubar.

--To more of the "logistics". I play this server a LOT. I mean, I have almost only played this server day in day out for the past month. I am on 6-9 hours a day depending on the amount of school work I get, and I believe that a potential position in staff will enable me to play a lot more. I don't know if this next section will yield to my capabilities as a staff member but here I go: I am top 10 in my graduating class of 2022, I am in NHS and CSF at my high school, I am enrolled in AP classes and doing the IB diploma, and am the company executive officer for my JROTC company at my high school. I mention all of this in hopes of you (whom ever might be reading this application at any time or place) to come to the realization that I am a trustworthy and reliable person. I think if I were a staff member, one thing that I would do differently than other staff members is try and get on (staff on duty) at odd times. I have been on the receiving end of this server when it is 2am pst and the tunnels are prop blocked and people are mass rdm'ing and in my personal opinion that doesn't make the server fun. I think if I was a member of the staff roster I would try and make sure my most meaningful sits are during these times of the night because that's when I believe that staff are needed the most.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: 1x time for MRDM when I first played the server, and 1x time for breaking NLR
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: NO
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 5-9 hours a day
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I am a prolific chess player and I paint 🙂
Did you read the staff rules?: Bass Joe Gatto

Edited by Atheol
  • Agree 5
25 minutes ago, Atheol said:

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 76561198151400512

That version of your steam ID cannot be used to lookup your bans, you should use this one: STEAM_0:0:95567392

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Romac622 3D & LordofDragon FUBAR 

@LordOfDragon Just very recently became a T.Mod so I wouldn't really count him as a referral.

Warns: 3

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: 1x time for MRDM when I first played the server, and 1x time for breaking NLR

Three warns is quite a lot considering they go away after a week and a half, and your most recent ban is very recent. Being that is was exactly two weeks ago: https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans/?steamid=STEAM_0%3A0%3A95567392

Just a couple things to consider.

Edited by Starlepsy
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Starlepsy said:

That version of your steam ID cannot be used to lookup your bans, you should use this one: STEAM_0:0:95567392

@LordOfDragon Just very recently became a T.Mod so I wouldn't really count him as a referral.

Three warns is quite a lot considering they go away after a week and a half, and your most recent ban is very recent. Being that is was exactly two weeks ago: https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans/?steamid=STEAM_0%3A0%3A95567392

Just a couple things to consider.

I appreciate your criticism and if you might allow me to address the warns. I completely understand that it is unacceptable for me to have warns in general and 3 at that, so if I may: The first warn was because of a misunderstanding on my part, I was of the belief that when someone entered your base, you were allowed to kill them, and I was wrong. Secondly, the second warn was considered revenge RDM and i completely agree with that statement. I was killed by a hitman, me not realizing that they were not a hit man (at the time) I killed him in revenge, which is my fault completely. Lastly, the final warn was because of crossfire, I was ardm'd by another player and when trying to kill said player in defense I killed another player by accident. I know none of this makes up for the mistakes that I have made, but I hope it clarifies things to some sort of degree. - Bass Joe Gatto

Edited by Atheol
in response to criticism, hoping to clarify.
1 hour ago, Atheol said:

I appreciate your criticism and if you might allow me to address the warns. I completely understand that it is unacceptable for me to have warns in general and 3 at that, so if I may: The first warn was because of a misunderstanding on my part, I was of the belief that when someone entered your base, you were allowed to kill them, and I was wrong. Secondly, the second warn was considered revenge RDM and i completely agree with that statement. I was killed by a hitman, me not realizing that they were not a hit man (at the time) I killed him in revenge, which is my fault completely. Lastly, the final warn was because of crossfire, I was ardm'd by another player and when trying to kill said player in defense I killed another player by accident. I know none of this makes up for the mistakes that I have made, but I hope it clarifies things to some sort of degree. - Bass Joe Gatto

As do I appreciate the explanation. Though every one of those are apparent rules. Though so far, others have given good rep.

I have seen you on a lot, while I haven't had much encounters with you other than a couple times here and there, from what I've seen, you are very helpful and not toxic, unless someone has evidence or anything that says otherwise, I'm giving you a +1, goodluck!

@Zachman I don't even remember disagreeing with this post lol. 

+1   I don't play DarkRP much anymore but the passed couple times I hoped on I have had no problems with bass joe gatto. He has good paragraphs, Good Knowledge of the server rules and actually did read the staff rules.

the only minus I see is the 3 Warns but some of those may be gone or he is truthfully saying he has been warned in the passed.

11 minutes ago, sofaa said:

This is the only thing putting me off your app. Neutral for now.

I completely understand the hesitation around my warns; I addressed the warns above, which I imagine you saw but I hope its at least some consolidation about the number of warns I have!

-Bass Joe Gatto