Whu's Staff Application

Westt

In-game name: Whu
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: Currently 20 years old.
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:213782550
Warns: I have 0 warnings on the server.
Timezone: EST+6 would be my timezone.
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | GRU SGT Whu has played for 137:34:16.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes, definitely.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes, definitely.
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] I currently have no referrals - not sure whether this is an actual requirement or just recommended.
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I have been staff on a lot of other games, but not on GMod.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

So, let's start off this little bible piece. John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

I am pretty sure I can benefit this server in quite a lot of ways. First of all, I am very active on the server - giving me the chance to adhere to and enforce the rules that are so desperately needed on a server such like this at all times. Roleplay is the most important aspect of the MilitaryRP and the rules that come with it are vital for this server to actually be playable. A lot of times, minges and toxic people would want to troll around and mess up the playing experience for most of the players - this is where I can come to definite use. I am aware of the fact that I am currently somewhat new to the server, but I am pretty sure that I will be able to function within the position of T. Mod eventually as good as any other 'wellknown' face in the server. I will also be of great use to the current staffteam because of my maturity and professionalism. Once offered a spot within the staffteam, I will uphold the core values of a good staffmember at all times. Now, I can see you think: "All people say this in their application..", but I've actually put this to use in basically all of my other communities - I am not one of just words. In general, I will become an active staffmember who can truly be a face for the newer players on this server and generally a person who wants to improve on the player's experience for Garnet MRP. Core values such as professionalism, maturity and overall good behaviour can be expected of me and I am sure that I can deal with minges/trollish behaviour like no other. I will also always encourage people to make sure to stay in-character whenever possible, as this makes the experience that much better.

Not only will I be a genuine face within the community - I will also act on behalf of the community. I can be found on Teamspeak nearly every day during my timezone's peak hours, which makes me a great ear for any eventual ideas or improvements that need to be brought up to any person responsible for the specific area where it needs to be improved. I think this is very important for a server with the size of the MRP, since players are basically the one's who are keeping it alive - it would make no sense to not listen to their desires and what not. Staffmembers are not only there to enforce rules, we need to improve the player's experience as well. Another reason I would definitely benefit the server is because of my timezone. It may sound weird and not really as a qualification, but as a European I can be online during the early hours for the US people. Making me a flexible staffmember and this would give the staffteam the ability to oversee the server even more efficiently. Even during the 'dead' periods of the day, staff presence can actually make a difference.

Now onto my contributions towards the factions. A staffmember could actually benefit from having experiences within leadership positions within any of the factions we currently have - but I haven't been able to achieve this as of yet. Nonetheless do I feel like I can definitely be a bridge between the factions to make sure everyone is treated fair and square. This basically brings me back to my previous statements about my professionalism and definite maturity in this role once offered a spot within the Garnet MRP staffteam. Overall being an active part of the community, serving the members and generally being a guidance for newer players, I definitely believe that I can have a positive impact on how the server will be run if given the chance to serve as a T. Mod in the near future. Hopefully the community itself can see this as well and would give me a chance to actually prove it!

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: I have not.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can definitely spend around 6 to 7 hours each day to efficiently function as a staffmember on the server.

Edited by Whuuu
  • Like 3
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 4

Overall a very good app I have read all of it  and I can agree with what you said, I see you around in TS and on the server all the time, when you were playing army every time there was a recruits or a new player had a question you jumped to help him, and now that you joined GRU I can say the same on RU as well (since I joined SSO). 

I do think that you are mature I've spoken with you many times and I can say that I do believe that you can be a very good staff member, beside all of that you are sharing a positive effect on everyone around you, you are helping new players and making connections with the older ones.

Thats a big +1 from me Good luck.

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 1

Holy shit I love this application the grammar and punctuation is correct the the green helps us be able to read it there is someone is this community that put a lot of thought into their application and I love seeing this no complaints from me let's GO!

+1