DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Firerate Fix

Jackal

FAIR WARNING THIS POST IS GONNA BE SUPER SHORT SINCE IT'S MORE SO TO BRING LIGHT TO THE FIRERATE ISSUE AS A RESULT OF THE TICKRATE CHANGE. ALSO, I BROUGHT TO LIGHT THIS ISSUE ON THE UPDATE THREAD BUT UNFORTUNATELY I GUESS SOME PEOPLE AREN'T AS VOCAL OF THE ISSUES AT HAND.

Description:

I am bringing to light the recent issue with firerate as a result of dropping the tickrate. Also, dropping the tickrate was absolutely necessary. However, it should be noted that doing so messes with the firerate values with guns. As a result, the ideal thing to do is try to get the guns back to what they are suppose to be since the stats that they have are correlated to the firerate they have. As in a gun has super high recoil and damage as a result of high firerate or a gun has lower damage and recoil as a result of higher firerate.

Reasoning: 

It would essentially revert the guns back to what they were and are intended to be like. I.E. all the time spent weapon balancing with people like @Ozzy @Jake and even Garnet would be wasted without this change.

Additional Information:

As for the actual fix for firerate it correlates with tickrate and vice versa. As in the firerate values have to fall between a certain threshold or surpass a certain threshold. Granted, that information might be old or outdated but is what I could recollect from talking to Garnet years ago about this same issue.

Edited by Jackal
edit
  • Agree 2

My understanding is that when the firerate exceeds the tickrate, bad things happen. When the tick rate is 16Hz , the server updates every 1/16th of a second, or 0.0625s. The P90 has a default fire delay of 0.067s, which is why it was such a problem child back in the day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

29 minutes ago, shrimp said:

My understanding is that when the firerate exceeds the tickrate, bad things happen. When the tick rate is 16Hz , the server updates every 1/16th of a second, or 0.0625s. The P90 has a default fire delay of 0.067s, which is why it was such a problem child back in the day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I do remember the P90 being a major issue way in the past where, if I remember correctly, it shot incredibly slow. A similar situation is occurring now where every gun shoots incredibly slow with the exception of certain guns that, previously, had an abnormally low firerate. For example, the Vega Group : Enforcer class has a PKM with 600 RPM yet shoots considerably faster than guns that have 800+ RPM. As I mentioned in the post the fix has something to do with hitting or surpassing a certain threshold otherwise the guns shoot incredibly slow but with a chance for them to break and shoot even faster. But that's assuming previous fixes are applicable here.

• 2 weeks later...