Suggestion: Lethal Force

C0lorman

Description: Basically what I'm proposing is a rule that allows for police to KOS if the wanted person has a weapon out and 
refuses to put it away after a period of about five seconds. Should the person bring the weapon back out after initially putting it away,
they may be killed immediately.
The police have to give the person verbal warnings.
Reasoning: I think it's not a good idea to force police to wait until actual shots are fired before firing back, especially considering 
the fact that this server does have weapons that kill in one shot. I mean, in the real world, police will use force against a
suspect who has a gun but doesn't fire it, should they refuse to surrender the weapon. 

I'm completely open to any ideas on how we could prevent abuse of this rule, as I understand people
get very concerned with this sort of thing. One way could be creating a UI that logs justified uses of force. It could determine this
by counting down from five from the moment the suspect is wanted, along with detecting if the person currently has a weapon out.
The UI could also warn the player when they have a weapon out that they will be killed if they do not put it away. 
  • Disagree 1
13 hours ago, Atheol said:

-1: This would allow for minge cops and low levels to get away with MRDM. I think if this was implemented it would create a lot of chaos.

I can see what you're saying, but at the same time in my experience minge cops usually don't care about loopholes(Much less even read the rules). If they want to MRDM, they'll just MRDM. 

1 hour ago, evity said:

The reason this rule was even put in place to begin with is to reduce hearsay evidence

Again, totally open to ideas on how we could try to mitigate that. I don't know if the UI I suggested is even possible, but if it isn't, if I'm not mistaken, most instances of hearsay can be mitigated through video evidence. Considering Atheol's MRDM scenario, I think it's reasonable to assume that if a minge cop is abusing the rules that hard, many would notice and would record their behavior.