DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Ba11ParkFrank -- Ban Appeal

In-game name: Ba11ParkFrank41
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:541722541
Staff members in-game name: Ajbedhead
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): (STEAM_0:0:140794134)
Date & Time of incident: 

2021-03-22 - 16:21:05

Timezone: PST
Ban Reason: MRDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2433890537
What happened? (include any  proof): 

Alright, first off I wanna address this is not a report on the Admin that put the ban through, this is not an appeal on the reason why I was banned. This is an appeal on the situation that lead up to me being banned and why I shouldn't be banned. I also wanna say I have full respect for the decision of the higher up admins and moderators no matter what they decide. Now this might seem hypocritical but it's not this is about the situation that lead up to me being banned not on the decision that was made for me.

What made this situation difficult is that it all started when me and Shin were messing around at spawn, I was wacking him with a brick and he starts running into a base so I followed him. Over a certain amount of times it caused a MNLR. Shortly, after like a lot of people do normally when they see multiple amounts of people in one building they like to "blow sh*t up" so I adverted raid and that caused a MRDM due to the NLR making the advert invalid. There had been no report about this situation until several hours later I was running around and I get pulled into a sit with Tony and NBA Youngboob.

This sit was the FIRST of TWO Tony had watched the video provided as proof for the situation. If you want to see the video this is the link to the report that was accepted: 

Tony looked at the video and decided he needed help from different admins due to him not knowing really what to do in this situation with the entire rule breakage being done with and the time has passed so far this had no effect on Youngboob what so ever. Romac and Joe Gatto were pulled in shortly they also then watched the video they gave their opinion to Tony. Tony came to the conclusion that I SHOULD NOT BE BANNED Now what makes this interesting is that I've heard that a Moderators decision is final but no NBA Youngboob wanted to try again, he then reported me a second time, the admin that took the sit was one of the admins that gave their opinion to Tony, it was Joe Gatto. He then took a closer look at the video, after a bit of analysing and making his decision there was no change he made a suggestion that I should be warned for nlrx2 and a jail as a fair punishment. (I'd also like to add that during the Tony sit he tried in all his power to nagotiate with NBA Youngboob to not have me banned, trying to make it fair on both sides) NBA Youngboob continued to say no I want him banned, Joe Gatto eventually said if you don't think this report is fair take it to the forums. Alright, now that you're caught up these were TWO admin sits that deemed me as "NO BAN NEEDED" NBA Youngboob then took it further which since I provided the report on me it was then accepted after a short while resulting in my ban.

Why should your ban be removed?:

As a brief summary of why this should be removed is because due to there being two admin sits required for NBA Youngboob to take it to the forums the saying is also said "A Moderator decision is final" Both sits deemed me as no ban needed. The report shouldn't have gone further than that but with the grudge and hate against me, it's not secret that NBA wanted to find a way to get me banned which costed me to loose my staff application and time to be apart of the server which he had to go through when I had reported him resulting in his week ban for false evidence. This ban shouldn't have happened for it didn't bother nor effect NBA Youngboob it was a grudge and childish report against me and I hope this can be over turned.

I believe that reports should not be put onto the forums due to hate and grudge related towards players of the community. Unless the person has truly hurt the other or effected the person in a way that is worth of a ban/warn or what ever punishment necessary.

Finally, I appreciate people reading to this point to catch the full story of what happened and I hope this ban can be over turned thanks for your time I'll see you when I'm back on the server!!!! ❤️

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

To add a little context. I was asked by Tony what I would do in the situation described Ba11parkfrank. I told tony that I dont think a ban was fit because he did not raid and was harmless (prior to me realizing in the very last seconds of the video Ba11parkfrank raided). After later going over the clip, Celestialitus brought it to my attention that Ba11parkfrank did raid at the very end of the clip. If i had caught the fact that he raided after Mass NLR'ing, I would've gone through with the ban. Now knowing all of the information I believe that the ban is justified.

• Informative 1
5 minutes ago, Atheol said:

To add a little context. I was asked by Tony what I would do in the situation described Ba11parkfrank. I told tony that I dont think a ban was fit because he did not raid and was harmless (prior to me realizing in the very last seconds of the video Ba11parkfrank raided). After later going over the clip, Celestialitus brought it to my attention that Ba11parkfrank did raid at the very end of the clip. If i had caught the fact that he raided after Mass NLR'ing, I would've gone through with the ban. Now knowing all of the information I believe that the ban is justified.

Just to add to what you said "at the time" though you said I shouldn't be banned" doesn't mean you can't like change your mind but in the moment during the sit you said I shouldn't be banned which he went against what you said basically ignoring your decision and took it further. But, thank you for the context in your pov.

Edited by Ba11ParkFrank41

I don't think a ban is necessary, as he was messing with EGirl Shin and nothing more. In the video, Shin even said to not ban Frankie, because he understood it was fun and games. Although he raided later, it was not connected to him chasing Shin. I personally believe that the New Life Rule should apply to raids, mugs, and other rp interactions, not coincidental unrelated events. I was very hesitant to ban someone on something I felt was an excuse to ban another player over a past action. The reason this situation is being pushed to this is because Youngboob reported Frankie before. Youngboob gave false evidence and was banned for it, thus causing a rift between the two. However, Youngboob was adamant on getting Frankie banned, a decision that I previously stated was too much in my eyes. Youngboob was so hellbent that he grew restless at my attempts at diplomacy, and demanded for a second opinion, to which I complied and called Joe Gatto. Joe Gatto agreed with my stance on the matter, which only enraged Youngboob, who knew he was wrong but desperately wanted to get revenge bureaucratically.

In conclusion, I don't think a Frankie should have been banned. Simply stated, while he did MassNLR, Frankie died numerous times previously in a manner that had no rp interaction that could be compared to a raid or a mugging. The only reason this is being pushed is because of the bad blood between the two. The messing about with Shin should not be held to the same manner as a raid, mug, or other legitimate rp interaction.

This is a "monumental" decision (if you can call it that on a gmod server) because if the appeal passes, it will separate general mucking about and measurable, offensive rp interaction. I personally find them separate, hence my stance on this.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

It has come to my attention that apparently @Austin was apart of this as well and if you look at the "report of Ba11" you'll see his response I'll put it here if you don't wish to click on the report:

You brought a situation that was handled in game to the forums. A staff members say is a staff members say. plain and simple

As for the NLR sure it was wrong to come back, it was litterally to kill Shin. Personally I feel like you two should avoid each other in each and every way possible, you also asked for my opinion in game and I gave you the explanation that from a staffs pov this is non malicious and is numerous hours later from when you made the report.

I apologize due to the many messages from me but these are all real time things that are giving me more evidence on this situation so sorry for people who gave their opinion already but for future people reading this appeal I had been talking to Jack JJ, he didn't give his opinion on anything since he wasn't apart of the situation but asked me a few questions and told me include this evidence for it could help support your appeal in the forums. (unfortunately I use snipping tool to ss it but it won't work for the forums so here is a copy and paste of the talk)

Mr.CツToday at 10:15 PM

there were prolly 8 people in that base I have no idea if it was "his" base or someone elses

[10:15 PM]
I just saw the giant crowd of people at the front door step and adverted raid and blew them up and instantly adverted over

nothing against him

nothing intended to effect him

nothing at all towards him

NEW
936f7b2b4902683a6690c99d76d64511.webp?si

ManInAClanToday at 10:17 PM

Ok put that in your appeal, maybe make another reply or something. Just say that he wasn’t involved with the raid at all and thus shouldn’t have even reported you in the first place. And that if anything, your ban should be removed or reduced to a 2 day Mass NLR ban
  • Disagree 2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines