I never said cheating was something okay to do. I never endorsed cheating and/or told anyone else to. I had literally said in my appeal that I am taking full responsibility for using a cheat in december. so, before you get on my ass with an argument saying "he's [yurri] using someone else to take the burden off his back of what he did." I am not trying to take anything off me. I joined the server after the Ozzy incident, so I didn't know all the details and I was just wondering why it was handled different. Obviously there has to be a reason, but the reason is not open/available anywhere within the forums. So, before I get shit on again for asking a simple question with a simple answer, i just have to say that I never didn't admit to using a cheat.

Edited by Yurri
add
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, huskaii said:

any different from what Ozzy did?

After ban wipe, Ozzy used third party software with intent to benefit the server. Or so that is my understanding of it. He utilized a cheat for ESP to gauge distance for a shotgun nerf and used a script to catch cheaters. Though it should be noted he did this without executive approval.

18 hours ago, Dexx said:

same thing as yurri did because im Kush black

Okay so you used aimbot or something in the past, cool. Don't see how that relates to the Ozzy issue besides to the stuff he did PRE-ban wipe.

"enforce the rules as we are supposed to, or why have them there in the first place??"- @huskaii
Warn every single player who RDMs another then. Go ahead, do it, see how long they stick around when there is nothing else to do. There is a difference between intentionally using malicious software to have an advantage over everyone and a software that if it was renamed to be a staff tool would literally be seen as no problem. There was leniency in the past for those because there was apparent issues, and there is leniency for current rules for sake of fun.

21 hours ago, Garnet said:

permanent community-wide ban.

Bit excessive unless he like used exploits instead of regular aimbot, esp  etc. I remember when I was banned I was playing SWRP and DRP still so if he doesn't cheat on those servers it doesn't seem to much an issue at least from my perspective. Though if the punishment has changed for cheating then that fits I guess.

I know I haven't played in a while so my arguments might be slightly dated, but this just seems to be the same type of defense that pops up when a cheater in a friend group gets banned. That being said though I could be completely wrong on these points so point that out if I am.

40 minutes ago, Yurri said:

Only thing I used at the time was an esp

Still cheats and malicious but oki

40 minutes ago, Yurri said:

I'd like to see where I said it wasn't malicious but oki

Then why respond at all what was the point of the post besides trying to say, 'I didn't cheat that bad it was only "x" cheat' The context of your post literally doesn't change any of the points made in my post.

Edited by Pencil
reply2, edit2
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Bit excessive unless he like used exploits instead of regular aimbot, esp  etc. 

Only thing I used at the time was an esp

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Still cheats and malicious but oki

I'd like to see where I said it was not malicious but oki

The reason I said this is because I thought it was a bit excessive too. I figured that ban wipe happens and I'b back. I didn't know that is wasn't going to be wiped because after looking at other departures (including yours) you said see you next wipe, and the ban was for cheating

Edited by Yurri