Tally Ban Appeal

Tally

In-game name: Tally (Not sure what I had it as)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  

STEAM_0:0:182813935

Staff members in-game name: Rust
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): How would I get this?
Date & Time of incident: 5/8/21 not sure what time
Timezone: PST
Ban Reason: MRDM 
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/b2cc1080680b0f34635646df8c4db793
What happened? (include any proof): There was a US soldier who came into our base attempting to MRDM us and after he shot me I killed him. After this occurred another opposing forces soldier continued to revive the US guy and after this happened the US guy kept trying to kill all of us. So I kept killing the US guy when he was shooting me and my friend. The admin Rust most likely saw the log of me killing the US guy and the other 2 guys that I was with killing the US guy and banned us due to this. I am not mad at the admin I understand why he banned us as it is easy to misunderstand the situation if you are not there watching it.

Why should your ban be removed?:

My ban should be removed because I think the entire situation was a big misunderstanding. I understand why I was banned and that next time I should have just let the US soldier kill me and not shot back when he shot me as this could have been seen as vigilantism kinda.

Sup brother, I do remember dealing with this situation last night. A bunch of guys were trolling on RU. Is there any way you remember the in game name you chose? I see no problem with shortening this to a Non Mal ban instead of the 2 Week MRDM ban being that I did show up to the area that mess was taking place and dealt with it further so it would stop. There were a ton of trolls on US and RU side and I was the only staff member dealing with the server. Gets crazy at times. I'm glad you see where you went wrong with the vigilantism, which is why I'm fine with it just being a Non Mal ban. At times like that, do your best to stay out of trying to deal with the situations on your own. It's my fault for not looking further into the situation as there was a lot going on. I hope we both can look at this as a learning experience. Thanks for making the appeal and bringing it to our attention.

• Friendly 3
  • Agree 1