Ban Appeal:

Eatnoob

In-game name: eatnoob###########
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 76561198283462314
Staff members in-game name: Kqi
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): 76561198886752270
Date & Time of incident: 2021-06-14 - 12:09:36
Timezone: BST
Ban Reason: Doxxing (cringe)
How long were you banned for?:  19-03:14
Proof of Ban: https://prnt.sc/15epovu -- Not an IP grabber, it is lightshot photo - Please check it on virustotal if you find it too sketchy.
What happened? (include any proof): There was a guy complaining about the server in the chat saying things like "shitty" and "had enough" this reminded me of someone in real life named jamie parker which makes jokes like these words all the time, my friend was present in the server called "sad ernie moment" I wanted to make him laugh so I called the guy that was complaining about the server jamie parker which was meant as a inside joke between me and my friend knowing that anyone else would understand it. We were laughing and thinking about if it was actually our friend but he doesn't have gmod. Me saying this was only a weak joke between my friend as no one would know who jamie was. I was then banned, being confused about doxing I came to the conclusion that an admin got confused and thought that I was leaking personal information.
Why should your ban be removed?: My ban was probably made because an admin got confused and thought i was leaking person information which wasn't my intent, I am not a bad person and would not dox someone. It was my fault for attempting to make a joke between me and my friend that may stir up some confusion. Giving information was never my intent. For future purposes I will make a joke privately instead of publicly as it was some weak thinking. If unbanned, I will avoid making jokes that could cause confusion.

• Informative 1
43 minutes ago, Eatnoob said:

I wanted to make him laugh so I called the guy that was complaining about the server jamie parker which was meant as a inside joke between me and my friend

Firstly, I apologize for the leap into a conclusion that I made if this is true. I'm sure you can understand how this must look to any outsider looking in. In the chat, you called the player by a name, the name being Jamie Parker. This led me to come to the conclusion that you were doxxing a player, hence the ban.  I will have to get in touch with the player to see if it was his/her real name. If it is, then I will have solid evidence for the ban. Until then, what little evidence is presented could possibly not be enough to recall your ban. Unfortunately, I have zero footage of anything stated happening. But, you did state that you did call him a proper name as a joke, which I also saw (as it gave me the reason for the ban). The fact that we both agree that A) you called another player a proper name and B) you were banned following that outcry gives us a story that we both back. With the given evidence, I feel I was justified in banning you in order to stop you from, what I believe, was doxxing another player. I strongly feel this was as I believe that I had to preserve that player's right to privacy and anonymity online and that anyone should feel safe when they play on a Garnet Gaming server.

• Agree 1

Accepted
As stated by tony himself, "I will have to get in touch with the player to see if it was his/her real name. If it is, then I will have solid evidence for the ban." This makes it certain to me that you will be unbanned.

Both me and Tony have spoken on the situation.

Tony had done his job correctly and will follow up with the other player for additional information, thus no punishment will be carried on to Tony. This was just a general misunderstanding which will be looked into.

@Shin_Tsukimi @Clicher @DiegoZavier @GrandDaddyStalin please lock and move

Edited by MisterShankie
  • Like 1