DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

side hustles

Bopper

I recently got a 2012 f150 platinum and since I was a little kid regardless of what I got I wanted to build it. I have been working with a pressure washing company this summer a few days a week and made decent money but since school is starting back I don't have time to work there anymore since jobs start around 7 A.M. and end around 5 P.M. But regardless im anyone of the community to share one of your side hustles or a good side hustle idea that doesn't require a god-like skill. I am still 16 right now so I do have limited options but any ideas you guys have would help a lot!

21 hours ago, Bopper said:

I recently got a 2012 f150 platinum and since I was a little kid regardless of what I got I wanted to build it. I have been working with a pressure washing company this summer a few days a week and made decent money but since school is starting back I don't have time to work there anymore since jobs start around 7 A.M. and end around 5 P.M. But regardless im anyone of the community to share one of your side hustles or a good side hustle idea that doesn't require a god-like skill. I am still 16 right now so I do have limited options but any ideas you guys have would help a lot!

Hell yeah man! I'm 19 and I bought a 2018 F-150 sport 4x4. I spent all of my time working my ass of to get it just like you did. I worked at a restaurant for about a year and a half and worked my way up to get a better pay, I recently got a new job at a nutrition club as a general manager and I'm making 2x as much as I did at my other job. I would recommend working for yourself, try to find gigs in your area. It might be a little harder just because of your age but if they see you actually getting shit done then they'll know that you mean business.

I'm posting this under the assumption that you live in the US.

Like most 16 year olds these days, I assume you have a smartphone?

If you're lucky enough to live nearby any thrift stores, I'll share how I used to make a living in Chicago. It doesn't require a lot of skill, and you work when you decide to.

I bought books from thrift shops/yard sales/rummage sales and re-sold them to online companies, or on ebay. There is a website called "Bookscouter" - https://bookscouter.com

Books published after 1970 or so have what is called an ISBN number, usually on the rear cover, and also inside the first few pages of the book. You enter the ISBN of the book you have, and IF any of the companies in their database are buying the book, it will tell you for how much.

For example, try entering this ISBN - 9780190841799. There are multiple companies buying the book, ranging from just under $6 to over $40.  You would need to choose which company to sell it to, and although one might automatically go for the highest quote, you should read the reviews of the vendors, because some are better than others. Some only pay by check, while most pay via Paypal.

Once you sell a book (or books), you then need to pack & ship it. All of the companies offer free shipping labels, but you will need to box them, and get it to the delivery service they use. Some use UPS, some USPS, and others FedEx. Some offer multiple options. Again, you need to decide what works best for you. Personally, I used 15 or so different companies, because not every company is buying every book.

Condition is also a concern. All vendors differ in what constitutes "acceptable" condition. As a rule, books that are stained, have water damage, or are custom editions will not be accepted. Some may accept them, but at a reduced rate. Some buy ex-library books, while most do not. Do your research!

When I did this for a living up until 2018, I was literally making $100 a day, if not more, tax free.

Most people really don't consider that books have value, although that is changing. A lot of college kids & other people are doing this, but selling them on Amazon under the FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) program. They generally use code scanners, but that will cost you $$, along with paying for the service to look up the books.

This is a really condensed tutorial. There are a lot of variables, which I'm not willing to list as it would be one of those TL;DR things.

I hope this gives you another option. Good luck!

And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived