DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Fix the Jail Purgatory Glitch

2 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

during lockdowns, although if that's a lockdown bug or if that just happens to jail more people than normal which increases the sample size, I'm not sure.

I started playing mayor a lot more when this bug first took effect on the server, it was occurring during anytime after arresting the people. There would even be problems of people having weapons inside the jail even when arrested but I think that's already been resolved.

Anyways there is nothing that I know can fix or step by step to put yourself as apart of the bug.

• Informative 1
1 hour ago, time said:

I'm unable to reproduce the bug, both on the main server and the test server. Do you have exact steps that can glitch a person into staying permanently jailed?

I’m not exactly sure but I think that when a person kills themself in the jail it makes the time do that.

Edited by smileeface
20 minutes ago, smileeface said:

I’m not exactly sure but I think that when a person kills themself in the jail it makes the time do that.

This is my understanding or getting killed that’s how how I’ve gotten glitched.

• Agree 1

I have been glitched a few times and what I noticed is if I got arrested while trying to switch weapons it would put the time instead of 255 seconds or whatever it is it would be negative 255 seconds which would lead to a perma jail, I think this could easily be fixed by just allowing /report while you are arrested and I have no idea why that was even removed.

Okay, so @Luxembourg and I thought we found the issue, and it appeared to be reproducible whenever your arrest timer runs out while dead.

However, that actually was not the case at all, and our findings were merely coincidental with the actual issue in the code which I can't even begin to explain unless you know code. I'm asking Garnet to update the add-on in time for the restart tomorrow morning. Let me know if there are any other bugs with the jail system. You should hopefully also be able to use `/report` while jailed.

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 2