Fix Arrest Baton

Fido

12 hours ago, proggy said:

protip, aim at their feet/legs and it works better.

Thanks for this, honestly was getting frustrated when they wouldn't get arrested after several bodyshots. I'll be sure to do that next time I'm on! 

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

-1 the range is fine it gives the person being arrested a chance to run away and makes it more fair

How is that fair? We already can't return fire if the guy shoots us, unless they damage us first. That isn't assuming they don't shoot us with the AWP.

1 minute ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

exactly that's with anyone, you can't shoot back unless you've been dmg'd first.

Which again points to how crims have a huge, unfair advantage over CPs. This can be remedied if we increased the range of the arrest baton. 

Edited by Fido
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 2
  • Disagree 1

I think the range is fine. Police Chases are one of the more fun parts of RP and if a criminal is outrunning you then it should be challenging to arrest them if you're just running in a straight line at them. I've had to cut them off and stand in their path at least twice to pull off a successful arrest.

Is the range pitiful? Yes; but I think it's necessary that police are at a disadvantage in this aspect, as a cop with speed+jump perk can already easily arrest anyone without it. Being a melee aficionado, I find the arrest baton works exactly as I'd expect: you have to be touching the person and then they're arrested in a single hit: making it one of the most powerful items on the entire server.

If I had a knife with a one-hit-kill, I would just as much wish that it doesn't have its range increased beyond standard melee range as the item that can remove someone from gameplay for three entire minutes.

• Agree 1
42 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

I think the range is fine. Police Chases are one of the more fun parts of RP and if a criminal is outrunning you then it should be challenging to arrest them if you're just running in a straight line at them. I've had to cut them off and stand in their path at least twice to pull off a successful arrest.

Is the range pitiful? Yes; but I think it's necessary that police are at a disadvantage in this aspect, as a cop with speed+jump perk can already easily arrest anyone without it. Being a melee aficionado, I find the arrest baton works exactly as I'd expect: you have to be touching the person and then they're arrested in a single hit: making it one of the most powerful items on the entire server.

If I had a knife with a one-hit-kill, I would just as much wish that it doesn't have its range increased beyond standard melee range as the item that can remove someone from gameplay for three entire minutes.

Have you looked at the video? Even tapping them point blank doesn't arrest them. I'll even show more videos of this. It's not lag either- it's quite literally not working when it should. 

1 hour ago, Fido said:

Have you looked at the video? Even tapping them point blank doesn't arrest them. I'll even show more videos of this. It's not lag either- it's quite literally not working when it should. 

What do you mean it's not lag? You're both literally rubber-banding through eachother, his run is not at all smooth, several of your strikes are just swinging at the air where you think he is when there's no model there, and the average server ping is 180-200. I don't see your net_graph stats running but I am willing to bet that there's a reason nobody has ever had this problem for 8 years but yourself.

Watch your video again. Watch how, when you're running into them, his body stops you and then he's farther away from you. Utilize movement other than running into him in a straight line. It's literally insane to me that you just keep trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. The closest you get is when you try to cut him off, and he literally finesses around you. Perhaps you just need more practice with this server's performance and baton? I am guessing the server you came (a server that revolves entirely around the police) from had a lot less lower population/lag and/or had a really overpowered baton, and since you're used to that is why you're making this suggestion, and is why nobody has ever suggested this otherwise perfectly fine item be buffed.