Fix Arrest Baton

Fido

Just now, ShankNinja said:

What do you mean it's not lag? You're both literally rubber-banding through eachother, his run is not at all smooth, several of your strikes are just swinging at the air where you think he is when there's no model there, and the average server ping is 180-200. I don't see your net_graph stats running but I am willing to bet that there's a reason nobody has ever had this problem for 8 years but yourself.

Watch your video again. Watch how, when you're running into them, his body stops you and then he's farther away from you. Utilize movement other than running into him in a straight line. It's literally insane to me that you just keep trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. The closest you get is when you try to cut him off, and he literally finesses around you. Perhaps you just need more practice with this server's performance and baton? I am guessing the server you came (a server that revolves entirely around the police) from had a lot less lower population/lag and/or had a really overpowered baton, and since you're used to that is why you're making this suggestion, and is why nobody has ever suggested this otherwise perfectly fine item be buffed.

When you are running into a player who is also in motion, it produces a "rubber band" effect. This is not because of my ping- I even checked my internet speed after that video before doing another chase with the same result. I advise for you to try arresting people yourself- you'll find yourself in the same situation as a CP. 

I'll figure out how to show my net graph and post a video proving it isn't lag related. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
18 minutes ago, Fido said:

When you are running into a player who is also in motion, it produces a "rubber band" effect.

yes, that's why I said don't run in a straight line into the player who's running away from you

This is not because of my ping- I even checked my internet speed after that video before doing another chase with the same result.

I have a 9ms ping and still hit 180-200+ ping on average. That is the server's ping, which your internet speed doesn't contribute much to.

I advise for you to try arresting people yourself- you'll find yourself in the same situation as a CP.

I've literally done no other RP than being a CP over this last week and like I said, I've only had an issue twice in which I had to cut them off because they were trying to outrun me, and that's over 50+ arrests. I waited a couple days to respond to this suggestion because I wanted to try to arrest more players before responding and after that I still think it's fine.

I'll figure out how to show my net graph and post a video proving it isn't lag related. 

Yes, your issue is mostly experience related. You're not used to the high ping on this server and/or the range of the baton. I have written a breakdown of your clip above:

0:00-0:10 you're not even close to arresting this man. you're blindly swinging a baton, two of those times you are within range of hitting him but it's obvious by the fact he's literally teleporting through you and you lose him point-blank that there's more at play here than that.
0:11-0:14 You almost get him! Each one of your swings during this time are NEARLY arresting him, but you can tell due to the fact you're moving at a different speed than him that he's body blocking you, which causes your movement to stutter, but not his own.

0:14-0:17 None of these swings are anywhere near this man
0:18 So close! But watch again - you swing before he's within range and by the time he's in range, you swing at where he was, not where he is.
0:19-0:24 Nowhere near this man
0:25 Close again! But his movement is causing you to stutter, repeating the same mistake as above.
0:26-0:28 Not even close
0:29-0:31 You almost cut him off and got him, which is the strategy I was trying to explain earlier to you. However, closely reviewing his, he jukes you just barely into the dumpsters and runs half of a circle around you before getting cornered
0:31-0:37 He's in an enclosed, cornered location, and you're again just blindly spamming your stick in the air. Meanwhile, a hobo runs up to him, gets in his face, and connects a melee attack on him on his first try.

Edited by ShankNinja
breakdown of the clip for teaching purposes
  • Like 3
  • Spicy 1
  • Informative 1
5 hours ago, Fido said:

I advise for you to try arresting people yourself- you'll find yourself in the same situation as a CP.

You’re asking shank to try doing it…. Sorry that’s dumb he has over 1000 hours and is trying to explain the logistics of how the police of the server chase the criminals and why it makes no sense to add extra “length” to arrest someone….

let me just say you don’t see real police officers going “yo I can’t reach you let me Indiana Jones this shit” like come on bru, arresting has never been a problem the chases are what makes it fun. If you get damaged then you can kos that’s it.

final response -1

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

You’re asking shank to try doing it…. Sorry that’s dumb he has over 1000 hours and is trying to explain the logistics of how the police of the server chase the criminals and why it makes no sense to add extra “length” to arrest someone….

let me just say you don’t see real police officers going “yo I can’t reach you let me Indiana Jones this shit” like come on bru, arresting has never been a problem the chases are what makes it fun. If you get damaged then you can kos that’s it.

final response -1

Mr. Frank has said all that needs to be said, surprised this suggestion made it this far.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...