DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Rule on shooting SOD

Lollipop

20 minutes ago, wuvgawore said:

-1 , the idea of it is great and it seems helpful but i’ve never had an issue with damage logs because of SOD being shot at. even with party members it’s rare. 

A smart enough group of people will tell their friends to shoot each other to flood damage logs
(Why do I know this? Because as a former minge I have told people to do that for me, it's a problem.)

+1

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

+1 only for the reason that Staff on Duty are clearly separate from Roleplay and should be treated as such. This rule addition should also include the restriction of arresting SOD.

However, I fully agree this isn't at all necessary. It would be much more preferable if we had a damage log overhaul that didn't get wiped because someone threw a nerve gas, or used an ares shrike, or someone spammed a stunstick on an AFK 100 times, or someone stood on top of the firepit in the cave, or somebody set up an RDM Arena, or people in a party spam guns on eachother, etc...

This won't at all solve the issue of Damage Logs being cleared, but it would be convenient to not get shot as staff on duty. I wouldn't ever feel comfortable warning for it though, as I don't think it's that serious unless they're intending to clear damage logs: which seems to me more of an exploiting issue than a roleplay issue.

Damage logs virtually never work for me when I need them to when the server is highly populated due to how limited it is and how easily it is to intentionally or unintentionally clear the whole damn thing single-handedly.

Alternate suggestion that would work better if we can't overhaul or get a new damage plugin: Staff On Duty are tagged and then never make it into the damage logs, and are unaffected by arrest baton.

A simple rule addition would take less work on the development side but it would also be a confusing addition, unless it can get batched with the many other rules that need added/updated that are already on the suggestion forum. I suppose it wouldn't be anymore confusing than the racism rules that are enforced but not included in the Server Rules for DarkRP when they load in.

• Winner 2
  • Agree 1