DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ChrisRid - Resignation

• DarkRP Administration Team

In-game name: ChrisRid
SteamID: (https://steamid.io/): Steam_0:1:17720402
In-game rank: VIP Mod
Reason:

Hi there guys!

It's been a while since I've been able to get on the server or post on the forums, and unfortunately I don't think I will be able to spend the time needed to carry out my staff duties for the foreseeable future, due to my current work commitments. That's not to say that I won't be able to catch up with everyone when I have a day off now and then, so you'll still see me around for sure! But for now, I feel it's in the best interests of both myself and for Garnet, for me to step down from being part of the staff team on the DarkRP server.

I would like to offer my thanks to everyone in the current staff team for doing a fantastic job, it takes a lot of time and dedication keeping the server running smoothly! I would like to hope that I have made a valuable contribution during my short time in the team, and maybe in time to come, I'll be in a position where I can help once again.

If you're interested, I work as an electrician in the UK and have been working mostly in London for the past 4 years. In the last couple of months, I decided to move back to my hometown (on the South Coast) to be closer to my family and friends that I had lost touch with, and as a result, I have left the company I was working for in London and I now work on various sites on the South Coast. This has meant that I'm working a lot more hours and normally do 6 or 7 days a week. 
A fun fact... the reason I became an electrician is because of GMod! When I was growing up, I remember downloading the Wire Mod and I spent countless hours playing around with it. I learned an enormous amount about electronics, everything from logic gates, to circuits, to programming micro-controllers; and at some point I suddenly thought, if I can do this in a game then why don't I do it in real life!? Electronics became a hobby, I made all sorts of stuff and only continued learning more over the years. A decade later, here I am working as a qualified professional in the industry! I guess if you do what you love, it doesn't feel like work 👍

Anyways, I hope to see everyone around sometime soon!

-Chris

• Like 9
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team
On 9/26/2021 at 11:49 AM, smileeface said:

I wish you the best with everything that comes next in your life, interesting story love to see it. was nice having u. 

goodluck. 

Thank you smileeface, things are working out well so far! 😀

On 9/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, FlameSoul said:

It's crazy how a game can help you find your career path but life's known to play out in funny ways. It's been great working alongside you Chris. We'll see you around!

It is crazy to think a game (or rather a mod, for a mod, for a old game 🤣) can influence life so much! I wonder if the next generation of electricians will be pickaxe-wielding redstone engineers?

On 9/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, tdizz said:

See ya around Chris ❤️

Cheers tdizz! I'll be back online for a laugh soon hopefully 🤞

On 9/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, ZenMemes said:

if u become an electrician because of gmod, what do mass rdmers become??

much luck to you and your career man, you'll make it!

This cracked me up haha! 🤣 Bet the FBI are keeping a close eye on the MRDM ban list!

On 9/27/2021 at 5:53 AM, Canlex said:

I train you and then you leave us? ;( so sad 💔 hope you do well tho my man

Ahh Canlex, I know! 😔 But you were extremely helpful, and we had a good laugh too! Really appreciate everything you've done and hope to see you in game again soon! Cheers mate 👍

• Like 4