DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Rule Revisions

acer

Description:

Hello anybody reading this post, to any of you unaware, myself and the staff team have been working on rule revisions to help better the server. These revisions include unwritten rules, clarification on rules, and many other quality of life changes that the community wants to see happen (at least the staff team anyways). This doc has been ongoing for about a week now, with MANY people throughout the staff team commenting their opinion on rules, and what they would like to see edited/revised/specified within the rules. It seems that we've come to a halt as to what to add, and I personally think that the doc has come to it's end. I am asking that you also leave anything that you would like to see in the rules within the comment section. I would like this post to continue to work towards the betterment of the server for as long as we think it should. I'll leave the ability to comment on the doc allowed, so that the community can also give their feedback. Myself and the staff team will evaluate what we think should be added, and will continue to edit/revise the doc as we see fit (until it either gets denied or accepted that is). Huge shoutout to @Fonza, @Theos, and @Salmon, they were the main ones that helped me write this doc up to it's current state. I also ask that you don't spam the comment section with idiocy, if that happens I will have to limit it to view only, and any speaking on this topic will have to be in the comments of this post. Any further evaluation as to what will be actually implemented into the server would be up to Jake and Garnet to discuss, as these are merely suggestions of course. Thank you all in advance for the opportunity to work with you guys in an attempt to benefit the community overall, I'm sure this doc will continue to grow with community feedback at it's core. I look forward to working with you guys!

Reasoning: 

Add unwritten rules, clarify existing rules, and many other topics that haven't been covered that we think should be.

Additional Information:

Here is the link to the doc, the first section is what has been removed/added/revised, and the second section is the full rules including the revisions. 

Edited by acer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

A TLDR: MRP has 2 threads for Server rules, as well as unwritten rules, and one of the pages doesn't get updated. This doc is updated and includes unwritten rules.

I'm obviously a +1 on this, combining all our rules onto a single forum post would be a lot more helpful for the community to understand the rules, and for staff to enforce the rules. Whilst there can be adjustments for layout of all the rules, for in a forum post, the content is all there. Providing it would be posted by an active Executive (so Garnet doesn't have to update it himself) this would be great for the long-term too.

Edited by Theos
  • Like 1

I’ll +1 except for the following I have some disputes/questions about:

1. Why are we banning people for being intoxicated on  the server for? This doesn’t make any sense to me, if they break a rule then just give them the punishment needed. Doesn’t really make any sense to ban someone just for being drunk or high while on the server.

2. Consensual RDM is probably the dumbest rule that no one (included staff) follows. It is almost never enforced and I guarantee 99% of the people on the server are okay with consensual rdm, it just doesn’t make any sense to ban it. Most staff don’t even follow the rule currently lmao. I say just remove it altogether.

3. I personally think the base camp rule needs to be reverted to what it was before before but that’s another topic completely.

4. Clan tag rule is confusing, doesn’t make any sense to ban them. They’ve never been a problem before afaik, no idea why this would become a rule.

these are just my thoughts, most of these changes make sense so I’d love to see most of these implemented.

• Agree 1
56 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I’ll +1 except for the following I have some disputes/questions about:

1. Why are we banning people for being intoxicated on  the server for? This doesn’t make any sense to me, if they break a rule then just give them the punishment needed. Doesn’t really make any sense to ban someone just for being drunk or high while on the server.

2. Consensual RDM is probably the dumbest rule that no one (included staff) follows. It is almost never enforced and I guarantee 99% of the people on the server are okay with consensual rdm, it just doesn’t make any sense to ban it. Most staff don’t even follow the rule currently lmao. I say just remove it altogether.

3. I personally think the base camp rule needs to be reverted to what it was before before but that’s another topic completely.

4. Clan tag rule is confusing, doesn’t make any sense to ban them. They’ve never been a problem before afaik, no idea why this would become a rule.

these are just my thoughts, most of these changes make sense so I’d love to see most of these implemented.

Every rule that you've stated was already a rule besides the intoxicated one, which Jake has stated several times that we can ban for that reason. Red rules are rules that already existed, green rules are new ones. Intoxicated/high rule is only in effect if they are being a nuisance, it is to prevent a situation of "oh well I didn't know what I was doing", so we just give out relative bans. Usually no more than 12 hours. Any rule that was posted by Garnet I have elected to not remove, considering that he posted it for a reason, I really only re-worded his rules at the most. So any red rule is one that Garnet himself posted and it is currently a rule, so the consensual RDM rule, base camp rule, and clan tag rule, have all been posted by garnet, and I assume that all of them have some sort of basis considering that it's something he posted.

Edited by acer
12 hours ago, acer said:

it is to prevent a situation of "oh well I didn't know what I was doing

I say change it. If they mass while drunk, they can get the 2 weeks. A drunk driver still gets punishment for driving and colliding with a family of 4. Same principle

• Agree 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Accepted

While it has taken a bit to come to a decision we will be reviewing the document 1 more time to make sure that we are 100% sure we agree with what is put up.

These rules will take effect at an unknown time, but you will be clearly notified.

• Like 3