WSGR- 3rd Moderator Application.

WSGR

In-game name:WSGR
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:438594938
Warns:none
Timezone:PST
Playtime?:| WSGR has played for 302:11:34.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]none
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional]none
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I think my staff application should be chosen over other applications because I have put a lot of time and dedication into this server. I have been playing this server for about 2 years now and I really enjoy everything this server has to hold. I have been thinking a lot recently about doing another staff application, because I have done two in the past that have both been denied.  I would really love to help the server out and teach the countless people that break the rules a lesson. I would love to really be apart of this server. I also have a lot of experience with this server and its and I think I will be fit for the job. I would definitely Like to help the environmental aspect of the server, and help out new players so they can have the best experience possible. I really love this server because of its community, and players, and I really want to help block out the hate of others.

I would also really like to keep the community really friendly especially to new players. I also am super friendly and am ready to take any challenge thrown at me. I know all the rules, and I will do anything it takes to be accepted. You can 100% count on me to complete any task. I would also love to help host events or even create my own. I am in online school so hours are 100% not a problem. I can be on for as long as I want, but I usually prefer to play at night on week days, and on weekends about 4 to 7 hours. I would really like to help out friends that I have made on the way. I will also do anything for this community because this community is one of the best communities I have ever seen on Gmod and I will do anything to help it out.

thank you for reading my application,

WSGR
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details I have been banned 1 time when I just got GMOD for MNLR
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made about 2 applications about 4 months ago
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have a lot of time to contribute week and weekends
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I love to play other pc games like rust, and I love sports like baseball and football
Did you read the staff rules?:WSGR

Edited by WSGR

I had to think about this but the paragraph are kind of bland in my opinion, it sounds like you just put together something in 15 minutes. You said you have been playing this server for 2 years but I have only seen you once. -1

Edited by Monke

14 hours ago, WSGR said:

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made about 2 applications about 4 months ago

https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/profile/19830-wsgr/content/&type=forums_topic&change_section=1
When? Your account says you got 1 post. It is only this. This raises a lot of suspicion.

If you could please provide proof of these I would very much appreciate it.
Especially sin
ce this account is new it is beginning to look like you created a new account after being denied to get a fresh start. 

14 hours ago, WSGR said:

I have been playing this server for about 2 years now and I really enjoy everything this server has to hold

How have you played for 2 years and none of us have ever seen you? With over 300 hours too. Either you really aren't as committed as you say or you straight up avoid the community. 

I would have expected people to at least have some sort of interaction but for all I know you could be trying to cross over a blacklisting. This is incredibly suspicious.

14 hours ago, WSGR said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details I have been banned 1 time when I just got GMOD for MNLR

Your steam ID doesn't show up in our ban logs. 

Something about you just feels wrong and I am not sure I trust you being in staff since I am seeing a lot of red flags.

Overall, your entire application seems solid! But I don't trust you and I don't feel comfortable with the idea of letting a ghost into the staff team unless you start to explain these suspicions.
My advice is to start explaining who you are since this "WSGR" guy doesn't seem to be who you really are.

If I am wrong, I will admit it once I am proven wrong.

spacer.png

ALRIGHT! We've done some digging and confirmed your identity! My suspicions have been confirmed as incorrect and I will now edit this response.

You are REALLY devoted, this means I appreciate what you're doing.

I think you should give yourself more time and get more invested in the community though since none of us really seem to have ever had any interactions with you so I don't have an opinion.

For this I remain: Neutral

Edited by MisterShankie
The suspicion has been cleared!
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Neutral

While shankie has brought up some good points, I don't believe I should -1, but as of right now I don't feel like a +1 is necessary, so here we are.

You've put some effort in revising your application after criticism has been brought, which shows the least bit of dedication, we'll see what comes of shankie's suspicions and my response will change based on that

Shankie's got it figured out, but there's still the issue of your attendance.  Not a lot of people have seen you online recently, so either you have to start playing more, or start interacting with the community in game more, depending on why this is.

Edited by ZenMemes
Edit

never seen you in all your hours.
Paragraphs are basically “I like this place and wanna help, I’ve been here forever and know the rules” which is every application ever. 
no records of your bans, your apps, or even presence as shankie pointed out. 
Any specific skills, anything that you’ve done in the past to hold any reputation in the community? 
sorry man, hope to hear more of ya 

Since I can’t figure out strikethrough on new mobile forums I’ll just make a new response here: 

havnt seen you before but that’s not totally abnormal. I stand by what I said about every application ever. If you have anything that pertains to how well you could perform your mod role then edit your paragraphs. Have you ever been a part of a memorable moment in the server or well known for anything? 
hang around and chat with more people and get to know the community better.

if paragraphs are fixed I may +1 but it’s NEUTRAL now 

Edited by Adric
  • Like 1

-1  like the other staff said haven't really seen you on with all those hours, I remember you from a few months back but not recently.

I appreciate the dedication but im not sure atm, I'll keep an eye on the app and in-game. 

Good luck

Edited by smileeface
  • Agree 1

As others have mentioned, there hasn't been a lot of interaction between yourself and staff members and so I'd recommend doing so whenever you're not busy. I'd love to have a conversation so just shoot me a message whenever we're both on and I'll come by! That being said, for now I can't approve of the application, although my stance may change in time.