DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[Ching] 501st Executive Officer Application

Ching

In-game Name: P-250 JENG TCL SSG 1000 Ching

Playtime: | P-250 JENG TCL SSG 1000 Ching has played for 271:19:36.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:61059175

How many hours per week do you have to commit to this role? 20+ hours a week

Previous Leadership Experience: [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

Starting off with IRL experience, I am a General Manager at a restaurant. I basically do everything from making sushi in the back when needed to making schedules and running the store. I started as a hostess and gradually moved my way up. I also assist in managing other locations. I've developed great relationships with kitchen and front staff. I've also learned how the restaurant industry works and operates, and the ins and outs of managing people and supplies/material. In addition, I'm also the Vice President currently for my local DECA chapter. For anybody who does not know what DECA is, it's basically a nationally recognized organization that specializes in educating and teaching students about the world of business, management, and finance. I've developed my people skills as the VP with an organization of that scale and have allowed myself to develop connections with the most well-regarded businessmen/woman in the country. I was also previously an administrative intern for a co-working space that specializes in leasing/renting out office spaces of any scale in like a work community kind of environment (Similar concept to WeWork). From that experience, I was able to again, grow my network, and in addition learn how to communicate professionally with others and handle basic things such as customer service (I don't talk like I'm from O-block outside of Garry's Mod). Finally, I believe my last relevant piece of leadership that I have is that I was the lead marketing analyst for a start-up app company that was a similar concept to UberEats and DoorDash. Although I didn't really develop anything new people-skill wise, I was able to learn how to work and research professionally at a high level. I also was able to sit down and talk with executives on a daily basis and really learn how tech companies operate and function. It was a great learning experience for me profesionally.

As far as staffing in video games go, I will start in 2016 when I joined Garnet. I finished at Moderator. Really nothing too special, just learned the fundamentals of staffing on Garry's Mod and the conflict solving skills that are needed to really perform. After that, I moved onto Synergy Roleplay where I took on the role of an Admin on the StarWarsRP server. Synergy Roleplay is a more serious serious type of roleplay server. From that, I had to enforce rules much harder and develop judgement skills. Soon after, I became a part of Synergy's Military RP staff team. I quickly climbed up to Senior Admin and was about to become a Manager before departing to focus on my life. Some things I learned were, managing new staff members and training them, setting up battalions, and generally overall just being an example and leader for the rest. Other than that, I've been an SA/Manager for many other small servers that did not make it that long. Again, I was just able to develop my leadership and management skills more. 

In regards to roleplay leadership experience, I have plenty. To start, I was the Captain for Delta Force back in 2016 under MoneyGeez. This was the first I ever held a leadership position and was able to learn a lot about my leadership abilities. After that, I became Warrant Officer for SAS in a matter of days. This was because at the time, I was the best sniper on the server and Burton tried to ban me so SAS offered me a spot in order to shift the tide between US vs SAS vs Tali. During my time in SAS, I had the primary role of managing the elite Ghost faction and also managing general player personnel. After that, Taliban offered me a spot in their faction to turn the tide in wars so I took on a Captain spot. During this time, Taliban did manage to somewhat bounce back in wars. I continued to develop my communication and leadership Shortly after, I became the 1st Lieutenant for MARSOC under Phantom. Although I was on for a limited amount of time during the week during my tenure, I was still able to get a lot done and still found a way to lead the marines along with my other officers. Simultaneously, I was also a Warrant Officer for the Army, again, developed my leadership and player management skills. After my run in Garnet, I decided to move to Synergy and pursue more positions over there. My first position at Synergy was being the Shadow Company Commander. I learned how to develop docs, manage docs, manage personnel, and learned how to lead in character. This was definitely one of my more demanding positions that I've taken on and I learned so much from it. I also took on the role of Jedi General Kit Fisto during this time and was able to learn alot. I was the best sparer on the server and was given the task of teaching others how to spar. After my tenure in Shadow Company ended, I joined the Null-Class ARCs and was basically in charge of giving orders to all the other clones and doing my own thing. If there's anything I learned from being Null is that sometimes, it is okay to be an asshole as a leader as long as you are respectable and people trust you. After my run on Synergy's StarWarsRP I moved to their newly developed MilitaryRP. I took on the role of MARSOC Lieutenant Colonel and again applied the skills I already had and continued developing as well. 

Why should you be chosen for this position over other applicants? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

First of all, I clearly have the experience over other applicants in regard to IRL and video game leadership as well. If anything, you cannot beat experience. I've been in environments that range from corporate/executive to high positions in roleplay and staff. I obviously understand what it takes to be a leader, the skills it requires, and the time/effort/consistency that is needed. I've also learned a lot about not burning myself out and making my tenures short like I have done in the past. I believe overall, this can provide me the consistency in activity and work that such a position like this requires which is something I have over all the other applicants applying. I believe I've become a good leader overall with all the experience I've accumulated and all the time I've spent pursuing them. I know the ins and outs of running a battalion the size of 501st and would take the task on easily.

Secondly, I have a hard-working personality in comparison to other applicants. I currently work a part-time job while also maintaining a 4.0 GPA and being top of my class, a management position, and 2 internships. Obviously, being able to juggle all of those things is not easy, and does require a lot of hardwork and dedication. That's something I always provide when I take on any leadership role and you should expect nothing less of me. I'm expert certified in excel (applies to google sheets as well) and know how to manipulate and use a document to it's fullest potential as well. As a hard-working dedicated leader, mentoring and teaching is something I take pride in and not many applicants can say the same. Being an XO in the 501st legion requires having the ability to do so and that is something that not many people are willing to do/provide. 

What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

My biggest strength overall is being able to adapt to any situation I'm put in. With working as many positions as I have, you learn to adapt and develop the ability to learn fast so that you're always 4 steps ahead and never 2 steps behind. I think that's something I'm really good at is making sure I'm always ahead of any situation or that I'll be prepared in the event of an emergency or unforseen circumstances hit me. I believe that's super important when taking a role such as XO, which is being able to change the way you lead or manage based on the environment or changes you're put through. I've been able to hone this strength of mine over the course of many years and it's honestly one of the things I value the most out of all my strengths.

In regards to my weakness, I think my biggest one is being super susceptible to burnout when I do put my everything into something. I know a lot of people in this community flame me for it, and I understand why. For me, it's like I love putting my everything into an endeavor that I really enjoy but as soon as I've achieved what I've wanted to achieve, I instantly lose the motivation to continue or prolong what I've achieved. It's a really bad habit of mine, and something I'm trying to fix. I'm guilty of doing this on the last iteration of StarWarsRP for Garnet. I promise, I'm working on it. 

Recall a time you've failed as a leader, what went wrong, what could have gone better, how did it help you grow? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

The one time I've failed as a leader was one night, the restaurant was extremely busy and we were heavily understaffed. I was tasked with having to be able to manage the night with a full house and no staff. It was definitely rough and I failed badly. Part of the mistake was not scheduling enough people that day as well as not having anyone to work. There were patrons who had to wait many many minutes for service and with that came many negative reviews and a lot of backlash online. The kitchen was extremely overrun and I had absolutely no clue what to do or how to fix what happened that night. Although it was a disaster of a night, I still did learn a lot from it was and able to become a better manager as a whole from it.

Some things I learned were to make people wait if I don't have the capability of serving a full house. I also thought we would be fine because I was there and that I would be able to pick up and do anything that wasn't being done by the others and I was badly wrong. I can't do everything myself and I need others around me to fulfill the millions of tasks that are needed in operating a fully functional busy restaurant.  Something else I also learned was that people are valuable and you need people around you in order to be successful. I did take a lot of criticism that night, and it did hurt my ego significantly. I was definitely  humbled and realized that customers are the people that I need to bow my head down to and really give them my all. I did learn how to take criticism with the approach of using it to be better as opposed to taking it as an insult. 

Do you understand that you may be removed from your position should you fail to uphold the standards and requirements of this role? Yes

What is Kanye West's best song? Believe What I Say

Edited by Ching
  • Like 1

Ching I would like to ask you a question before I +1/-1. With you being the GM of a restaurant, going to school, and maintaining a 4.0 GPA while being at the top of your class ( which I'm sure is hard to do ). How can you commit 20+ hrs to the server? No disrespect by this question I'm just confused on how you'd have the time to make the hrs commitment you stated above.

My boy is over qualified for the position, I feel like it's worth giving him a shot. His behaviour in game changes depending on the situation, he is professional when needed, supportive if he feels that a member might be feelin down, and being an 'O block shooter' (which i highly doubt) in the down time. Overall I think Ching is a safe option for XO of the 501st. The only complaint I could have is that the hours seem like they may be quite difficult seeing as how he has a lot of responsibilities including a 4.0 GPA, 2 Internships, being a General Manager of a restaurant, as well as another part time job (if i read that correctly). Nonetheless, if Ching were to put in hours (which he has done good so far in my eyes) I feel he would be a great choice for XO. +1

39 minutes ago, Hoskins said:

Ching I would like to ask you a question before I +1/-1. With you being the GM of a restaurant, going to school, and maintaining a 4.0 GPA while being at the top of your class ( which I'm sure is hard to do ). How can you commit 20+ hrs to the server? No disrespect by this question I'm just confused on how you'd have the time to make the hrs commitment you stated above.

8 minutes ago, Kicks said:

My boy is over qualified for the position, I feel like it's worth giving him a shot. His behaviour in game changes depending on the situation, he is professional when needed, supportive if he feels that a member might be feelin down, and being an 'O block shooter' (which i highly doubt) in the down time. Overall I think Ching is a safe option for XO of the 501st. The only complaint I could have is that the hours seem like they may be quite difficult seeing as how he has a lot of responsibilities including a 4.0 GPA, 2 Internships, being a General Manager of a restaurant, as well as another part time job (if i read that correctly). Nonetheless, if Ching were to put in hours (which he has done good so far in my eyes) I feel he would be a great choice for XO. +1

Just to clarify, I’m only currently working part time at the moment. Internships are of the past. Maintaining a 4.0 is literally as easy as breathing.