Enable sitting

ChoppaBrandNew

Description: Allow players to enter/sit on chair/couch props

Reasoning: This feature would enhance RP situations and allow players to appear to sit down instead of having to hold crouch or type +duck in console. I've spent time at (and built myself) many bases and hang out spots with chairs and couches. Players like to congregate in these types of areas and it always looks strange that people are standing or crouching on a chair/couch. RP situations that would benefit from this include player-run bars and restaurants, the cinema, hang out areas in bases, and DJ lounges. I understand that some instances of this feature make the sitting player invulnerable to damage, which obviously could be abused. If there is a way to allow players sit without making them invincible, that would be awesome. 

https://imgur.com/a/hCwHzBE

Edited by ChoppaBrandNew
Delete embed code
  • Sad 1
  • The Garnut

It's not players being invinsible that is the issue, but rather players who exploit the sit script in order to mingle their way into bases. That unfortunately cannot be fixed with the nature of how sit scripts work.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, ChoppaBrandNew said:

Oh shit they can clip into a base?

You sit on a prop, and it gets moved into a base is one scenario, now lets say we patch that. You can easily place down a prop and move it halfway into a base's walls, thus glitching into it by sitting on it.

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Denied

This has been suggested a few times before, but I'm sure you just didn't come across those threads.

As Garnet pointed out, DarkRP isn't able to have sitting due to gamebreaking exploits. 
In other gamemodes these exploits don't benefit people for the most part and its fine to have it, but definitely not for DarkRP.