Donator Class Movespeed Fix

Panini

Description:

Some of the movement speeds on donor classes are unbalanced. Some of the direct equivalents to their counterparts are faster/slower.  I have had @Phantom test the velocities of all of the donor classes (excluding Artillery, of course.)

Below is a list of how fast all of the donator classes sprint in-game (All are measured in Hammer Units (HU))

For comparison, the base sprint speed is 300 HU, while Redbull sprint speed is 350 HU.

Russia:

RPG - 240

Prox - 270

Prestige - 330

Mercenary - 315

Ghillie - 315

Riot - 300

Defender - 315

United States:

Nailgunner - 240

Spike - 330

Juggernaut - 240

Artillery - N/A

Ghillie - 315

Riot - 300

Guardian - 330

What is Being Suggested:

1) Make Prox and Spike move at the same speed, whether that means buffing Prox’s move speed or nerfing Spike’s move speed.  (However, less than base move speed (300 HU) is a huge disadvantage, especially to the weaker donator classes. An alternative to this suggestion would be setting both to 300)

2) Make Defender and Guardian move speed the same, whether that means buffing Defender’s move speed or nerfing Guardian’s move speed

With these changes, it would give Russia and the United States equal movement speeds for their counterparts.

+1 Personally I would like to see the description for speeds and other buffs fixed on the donator page. I myself have been on edge about buying a class simply because I don't know the actual speed of the class. Obviously speed being one of the major deciding factors for me I would like to be able to know what I am buying. Maybe also fixing the picture of the class player model as well.

+1 Due to balancing issues. 

It's not fair for donor classes to be faster than one another if they are meant to be the equivalent of each other. 

Would help make it fair to the people who have purchased RU Defender classes,RU Prox etc. 

Edited by Tora1
  • 2 weeks later...