DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

In game cash - Donator credits exchange

MoonDoge

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

I'm thinking of a system where players who have a ton of RP cash lying around could exchange it for donator credits, or maybe even add a credit marketplace on the forums
or in game.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

This would benefit the server, since many people who look for credits usually spam adverts, which is usually very irritating. This suggestion could stop advert spam that
has anything to do with credits or even make it easier for people who cannot afford credits ,with irl money, to gain them using in game cash.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

I have nothing else to add.

Edited by MoonDoge
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

In-game it's commonplace to see people advertising "selling credits" or "buying credits", as there's a continual supply and demand for them. The reasons I agree are as follows:
- Reduced number of adverts in-game
- A place where people can more-easily be matched with those that wish to buy / sell
- Better security in terms of records (keeping promises) and knowing the trade will go smoothly
- Potential increase in donations on the server (the credits come from Garnet originally of course)

Overall seems like a better solution than adverting in-game until someone agrees to trade in an ambiguous way

1 minute ago, ChrisRid said:

- A place where people can more-easily be matched with those that wish to buy / sell
- Better security in terms of records (keeping promises) and knowing the trade will go smoothly
- Potential increase in donations on the server (the credits come from Garnet originally of course)

Now these are some reasons I forgot about but yeah, there wouldn't be many scams, there would be more records so we could find scammers and punish them, and donations may even increase because of the high credit demand on the server. It's possible to even do the same thing with SWRP, MILRP, etc.