DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[DRP] Racism/Homophobia D3A revisions

Fetn

+1

The current racism rules that exist are VERY lightweight, in an attempt to make them more strict they were made even less strict. It went from a perma-ban instantly to a warning about three times until we can take action (technically). This would EASILY fix that. For an example I banned somebody for calling somebody a "faggot," they then appealed and cited the racism/homophobia overhaul, and they were unbanned due to that technicality. Garnet even scoffed when we told him of the situation that had happened, he agreed that the person should have stayed banned. Although I am not an avid DarkRP player, this is a suggestion that would benefit all servers equally.

Edited by acer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

+1  

Currently the racism rules are way too soft in the server, some minges join and straight up spam the entire chat with racial slurs and only get banned for a solid three days??? What I don't understand is how after those three days they will just end up coming back, or for example people who micspam racial slurs as well. DRP is definitely the server the most racism happens which goes for all DRP servers in the game and we shouldn't be so light with the punishment towards racism, majorly too because of the fact GMOD's actual rules doesn't want it AT ALL in their servers. This suggestion should 100% go towards all of garnet servers and not only DRP I would say, it would only improve everything overall.

• Agree 1

+1

Racism, homophobia and hate-speech rules are a little too soft in my opinion, there is too many cases of people joining playing for 2 mins finding a N-word filter bypass and then spamming it until said moderator or admin mutes (around 1 - 3) mins then warns after them doing it again bans them (most of the time it is across a 20 min period) and it is quite dumb. This issue/type of speech isn't allowed at all in Gmod at all.

+1

Seems reasonable its Dark RP

And in case you are wondering here are a few ways that players may get around your current filter that you could possibly fix...

• Posting one letter at a time
  • Using letters that look similar to letters that would be used in a slur (Ex: q instead of g in the N word) ( | instead of I)
  • Code words for existing slurs (There are probably a lot but you can at least find some to filter out)

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted

The following has been added into the d3a :

Racism/Homophobia/Sexism (Up to a 2 week ban depending on severity) (Can be extended by an admin+)
Racism/Homophobia/Sexism (1-6 months depending on severity) (Admin+ only) ( Can be extended by a manager+)
Racism/Homophobia/Sexism (permanent) (Manager+ only)

Edited by stretchy
  • Like 5
  • Spicy 1