DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Button to disable the new voice filter

Kirin

The voice filter was really cool at first but now it's a bit annoying, I also have trouble hearing people with this new filter. Is there a way to possibly add an option to disable or enable this filter for a player?

+1
I've kinda had issues with this voice mod since the beginning. I went in with the idea that it would be restricted to 501st just to be a trial one, and I joined to hear it on everyone. Gets me a little paranoid on how well people can even understand because I hear how difficult it is to understand some others. Especially people that don't have the best sounding mics without the effect on. Also, from a sound production perspective, it hurts. Compressing everyone's mic to this limited frequency range of like low-mid to high-mid, so when two (or more) people take at the same time, it clashes. It also
Anyway, if this could be a clientside effect that a player could toggle on/off to decide if they wanted to hear it or not, that would be preferred. (Starting toggled off for new recruits)

• 300 IQ 2

Accepted

We were worried about the filter before adding it if players will be annoyed or if it'll be hard to comprehend other players. I'll discuss with Garnet about a solution, maybe a toggle to filter on/off or editting it in some kind of way.

• Like 3