DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

19D/A Cavalry and Armor Division Tanks/Weaponized Vehicles (Updated Notes!!!)

Desires

1 hour ago, Horseyyy said:

If you are not actively playing (on a consistent basis) I would refrain from posting on suggestions. Suggestions are a place for people to express their ideas for the server obviously there are more important things to focus on and that’s why we have a trello. I won’t leave my opinion here but if we really want to get people more involved in the server I believe squads like 19D are the way to go.

SWRP splits their main units into divisions of I believe 3. Yes, I know we are not a PVE but it seems to very obviously be getting their players engaged and give way to more opportunities for players to lead and play.

Completely agree Horse, if you're not active on the server or just aware of what's going on in MilRP I would prefer if you wouldn't reply with just a -1 and not voice and concerns or questions. I hope to always respond to questions or concerns whenever you guys ask for any. I hope to answer everyone's question(s) as much as I can. I am always willing to talk out any concerns about this subject as I am passionate about this suggestion as stated in my post.

-MAJ Bikachu :)

So uh.... wasn't 19D suppose to be a meme thing @Gildarts and @Jake did to avoid being put with base faction?.... 

Overall adding vehicles for only one side isn't really fair...

On 5/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, PraetorDon said:

I don't oppose the cert for vehicles, if you can explain to me how it would work considering Theos was the only one who could give these out before, and I don't see anything that would change Garnet's mind on this.

If it's adding vehicles with guns (and explosives) -1

Vehicles are already very powerful due to the ability to get around the map quickly, they do not need a buff.

As far as benefiting the server goes, it will benefit 11B, and maybe US. Tali does not have any sub-factions, and I also don't see that changing anytime soon with the current pop.

Reason for my -1 

• Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Fetn said:

So uh.... wasn't 19D suppose to be a meme thing @Gildarts and @Jake did to avoid being put with base faction?.... 

Overall adding vehicles for only one side isn't really fair...

Reason for my -1 

So for someone that hasn’t read my whole suggestion I don’t think their response should hold much weight over this matter as something like this gives no creative criticism. For a start I suggest reading my whole forum post and it’s comments/replies as I stated numerous  times that Tali would have additional vehicles/jobs as well. Please reread the entire subject before judging it with no thought, I even added Tali side vehicles for reference. Additional 19D was never a meme thing, I founded and was given permission to have it be an entire squad of its own. Now with someone leading it like myself that isn't inactive I wish to add something beneficial and interesting to both sides. Any more questions let me know, thanks.

-MAJ Bikachu

Edited by Desires
  • Spicy 1
5 hours ago, Hauptmann_HK416 said:

imo, I rather only have this as event things. But I have to say that simfphys may need some tweaking because some server do cause script errors sometimes and do lag.
if i have to say, only things that can have a fair advantage is Taliban getting their own tanks as well or getting fuck tons of IEDs

I’d say about this matter that adding in their own T-Model tank would be an idea or a class with some Anti-Tank load out would be pretty cool when you think about it. Like an AT land mine or some explosive to deal with armor. I think first getting people into the idea then planning out the finer details would be a great plan. But I feel that add on/suggestion is a great comment. And once again to anyone just replying, I am suggesting armor possibilities for both sides. Of course I don’t want just 11B/19D to have OP stuff/new features. It wouldn’t be interesting or beneficial for the server if just one side had stuff like tanks and HUMVEE’s while the other side gets nothing to combat against it. Anymore questions just let me know!

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

3 hours ago, Desires said:

A great reply and concern, I completely agree with some of your points like being only used during peace time events partially also adding in an enemy tank. I was getting just the idea of adding tanks to the server and thinking on it now, I believe the Taliban Army could use a Russian tank but maybe an older model since during the Midwest war they used older T-model Tanks like the T-55/54's. Secondly I think allowing the tanks to come into the server and allowing them only for events to start off would be a great start and later on I'm hoping to add them to maybe war with a long cooldown maybe on both sides since they are (or can be) undeniably powerful/OP. Lastly the HUMVEE suggestion would be with perhaps the same cooldown or maybe the idea would be that 19D (And Tali 19D) would have access to HUMVEE's during war with a smaller but significant cooldown since they would be less OP with their medium hardened armor compared to the Tank's of course and only equipped with a LMG (No explosive cannons). I hope I answered some of your concerns/questions, anymore great questions? Let me know and I'll be happy to reply!

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

+1
Perfect, 100% agree on a cooldown time so that it wouldn't be used as more often and giving unfair advantages.
especially with the MK19 Automatic Grenade Launcher shouldn't be a thing, just a regular M240 Bravo or something would be nice.

• Agree 1
22 minutes ago, Hauptmann_HK416 said:

+1
Perfect, 100% agree on a cooldown time so that it wouldn't be used as more often and giving unfair advantages.
especially with the MK19 Automatic Grenade Launcher shouldn't be a thing, just a regular M240 Bravo or something would be nice.

Awesome, glad we could come to an understanding. I am hoping to collaborate with other thinkers that could add to the suggestion to give more balance or amazing ideas come to light. I swear I’m not some player in the community that wants something just crazy OP or unbalanced for one side, I’d love to see both sides have something like Tanks or weaponized vehicles to make combat more wicked. Hope to answer more questions community members! 

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

3 hours ago, Desires said:

So for someone that hasn’t read my whole suggestion I don’t think their response should hold much weight over this matter as something like this gives no creative criticism. For a start I suggest reading my whole forum post and it’s comments/replies as I stated numerous  times that Tali would have additional vehicles/jobs as well. Please reread the entire subject before judging it with no thought, I even added Tali side vehicles for reference. Additional 19D was never a meme thing, I founded and was given permission to have it be an entire squad of its own. Now with someone leading it like myself that isn't inactive I wish to add something beneficial and interesting to both sides. Any more questions let me know, thanks.

-MAJ Bikachu

don't think you founded 19D... Gildarts held 19D SMA and it was a meme you now brought back the new an improved versions of it. 

Overall isn't this suggestion just to add 2 new jobs and adding a couple vehicles?

With the removal of WAC I agree on finding new vehicles but wouldn't the ability to shoot on those vehicles be too op? is there a way to tweak the damage on those guns?

Has Brian or any other Afghan figure been talked to about introducing something like Cav scouts on their side? Does Afghan agree with it? 

Also the tanks... they would only be used for events right? Tanks were always talked about but never introduced, I don't know why pretty sure some do but I believe it was because we couldn't trust enlisted with those vehicles? Now with the anti tank men how many rockets would it take for a tank to die? Also would the staff team like to trust tali enlisted with RPGs and explosives like that? 

The suggestion is good but I believe different vehicles should be suggested there was an old vehicle addon garnet used in 2018, I think during original Chaharikar if anyone could find that there would be some good vehicles for both sides on there. Also with the part of "Taliban get rpgs for anti tank purposes" would that seem fair to the Afghan mains? Knowing they have to fight a armored beast that can take on 20 taliban while their numbers are as little as they are? Could use the excuse to give both sides tanks like "Taliban stole tanks off the Americans when they left Afghanistan" OR "The Russians are supplying the Taliban with tanks to help them fight the infidels"

I'm still on the -1 unless you can prove that they won't completely change the meta of how MRP war is. It'd be a cool concept going into the arma route but still

Edited by Fetn
1 hour ago, Fetn said:

don't think you founded 19D... Gildarts held 19D SMA and it was a meme you now brought back the new an improved versions of it. 

Overall isn't this suggestion just to add 2 new jobs and adding a couple vehicles?

With the removal of WAC I agree on finding new vehicles but wouldn't the ability to shoot on those vehicles be too op? is there a way to tweak the damage on those guns?

Has Brian or any other Afghan figure been talked to about introducing something like Cav scouts on their side? Does Afghan agree with it? 

Also the tanks... they would only be used for events right? Tanks were always talked about but never introduced, I don't know why pretty sure some do but I believe it was because we couldn't trust enlisted with those vehicles? Now with the anti tank men how many rockets would it take for a tank to die? Also would the staff team like to trust tali enlisted with RPGs and explosives like that? 

The suggestion is good but I believe different vehicles should be suggested there was an old vehicle addon garnet used in 2018, I think during original Chaharikar if anyone could find that there would be some good vehicles for both sides on there. Also with the part of "Taliban get rpgs for anti tank purposes" would that seem fair to the Afghan mains? Knowing they have to fight a armored beast that can take on 20 taliban while their numbers are as little as they are? Could use the excuse to give both sides tanks like "Taliban stole tanks off the Americans when they left Afghanistan" OR "The Russians are supplying the Taliban with tanks to help them fight the infidels"

I'm still on the -1 unless you can prove that they won't completely change the meta of how MRP war is. It'd be a cool concept going into the arma route but still

Great reply and concern, I feel for you on most of these opinions. Now 19D may have been created in the past but never has it reached it's max potential as it is showing now, I strive to take Cavalry Scouts as far as it can go. Now, when it comes to introducing tanks and/or anti-tank soldiers on the Tali side I believe that they could follow how we went about it. Taliban could create their own 19D or Armor division. As for any old vehicles you may like better that was previously on the server, I wouldn't mind taking into consideration different vehicles as long as it brings something new to the server. For keeping the "war meta" the same I feel like that would bore lots of people or continue to bore people as it has pretty much been the same for as long as I can remember since being a PVT. Looking at great communities/servers as a whole I would think everyone of their mindsets would be to look forward. Thus my idea to add something fun and new to the server that would change the pace and add new ways to engage each other. Last thing, I did also talk with HK in this post about adding old soviet tanks T-55/56's since that's what they actually used during the Midwest conflict. Hope to see if you can maybe agree and possibly accept this new suggestion. Happy to answer anymore questions/concerns about the subject.

Link to T-55 GMOD Workshop

spacer.png

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

68A CPT DarkFox here.

Ive heard your idea of the vehicles and tanks added to be in the game, i know im not much of a voice but id rather speak some things that can cause problems...ill try listing them..

The First Idea of a faction is to be specialized in something others dont, ranger do scout and so does 11B, but perhaps yall do it more often then other times to show your dedications, which is something that will be needing to watch over.
The Second idea is will this just be used in war or only peacetime? Having a tank on the battlefield can be overwhelming if given to the wrong hands(should make a doc to understand what to do and not to do, Ex. Dont run over friendly, dont shoot at friendlys near enemies, Keep coms active to qualify status of your locations IF there is an enemy tank,which ill get there soon).
Third, The Tali dont have such side factions to choose, No medical bay, nor Caverly scouts to have said things, and need to keep the items at a minimeum to make sure people can play, not lag.
Final...Well, For most part, all of this is kinda setting a "What if" and possibily hyping it a little too much, i can understand ONE light vehicle that doesnt cause explosion, but a tank is a little too far. We already have a Guy Who shoots rockets at tali for that.

Sadly, It doesnt seem to be balancing to add this factions stuff and would have unfair balance to the game, UNTIL tali have their cars or tanks are added to keep the game fair, i have to give it a -1.

10 hours ago, DarkFox said:

68A CPT DarkFox here.

Ive heard your idea of the vehicles and tanks added to be in the game, i know im not much of a voice but id rather speak some things that can cause problems...ill try listing them..

The First Idea of a faction is to be specialized in something others dont, ranger do scout and so does 11B, but perhaps yall do it more often then other times to show your dedications, which is something that will be needing to watch over.
The Second idea is will this just be used in war or only peacetime? Having a tank on the battlefield can be overwhelming if given to the wrong hands(should make a doc to understand what to do and not to do, Ex. Dont run over friendly, dont shoot at friendlys near enemies, Keep coms active to qualify status of your locations IF there is an enemy tank,which ill get there soon).
Third, The Tali dont have such side factions to choose, No medical bay, nor Caverly scouts to have said things, and need to keep the items at a minimeum to make sure people can play, not lag.
Final...Well, For most part, all of this is kinda setting a "What if" and possibily hyping it a little too much, i can understand ONE light vehicle that doesnt cause explosion, but a tank is a little too far. We already have a Guy Who shoots rockets at tali for that.

Sadly, It doesnt seem to be balancing to add this factions stuff and would have unfair balance to the game, UNTIL tali have their cars or tanks are added to keep the game fair, i have to give it a -1.

Great comment! Firstly yes while a faction specializes in something, 19A which officers have MOS for Cavalry scouts it’s also a leader and/or armor divisions as well. The idea of adding 19D was to introduce factions into 11B that would feature new things (instead of just rp 68W), making war more interesting (the server too). Giving senior ncos people with trust and responsibilities something to work towards. Me and pretty much everyone reading this post are knowledgeable that a tank can definitely go wrong in the wrong hands. That’s why I talked about implementing a certification/training program (doc) that would test senior officers about trust and responsibility especially when operator a tank. Also war time and peacetime usage will be worked down in the details but a cooldown system seems to be a good idea to a couple of people. I don’t mind introducing non explosive vehicles into the server first and then get down to the nitty gritty with tanks later and fine tuning what they could become. I’ve been working around the clock even during work thinking of ideas on how this could turn out for the server and on how to make this suggestion better. I do also kinda don’t like how you acknowledge that we have a guy that can shoot rockets when Tali has several if not more classes with explosives on them only used to shoot out guys which 11B sorry but usually bunch up to get blown up anyway. Introducing a faction that would handle armor/tanks would give them something bigger and more of a challenge to shoot at with RPGs. Something different and new is what I strive to seek in a great community such as Garnet! Hope I answered some if not all of your concerns/questions. If you have anymore just let me know! (I will be attempting to make a “test” doc for a certification of tank driver soon)

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

On 5/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, PraetorDon said:

EDIT: Some of the addons suggested would require different vehicle foundations/Garnet to get permission ($$$) from the creator/or are only models, and have no framework for being driven.

If you suggest something, you should verify that all of the resources you're providing are feasible.

Great comment, I'll be sure to look into addons that will actually work. On that subject, workshop items that require permission to use are most likely better made. I would rather have an addon put into the server that has a permission wall and is a great addon then an amateur one with tons of problems for Garnet to face when implementing to the server. 

EDIT: Just tested my addons and all are functioning properly when I use them. If there's any other issues or concerns lmk!

-MAJ Bikachu

Edited by Desires

+1 I would love to see this not even just for the war aspect but for peacetime for roleplays or even events, I would personally implement them for peacetime only to get a feel with them to learn how to use them and base decent and fair rules with the correct training and being trained at a specific rank like how RAC and DS is set up where you have to be CPL to get it etc for example You would have to be SSG to even try to get your certs for tanks or AT Certs

+1 I personally have been on the server a while and have seen tanks and helicopters and all sorts of vehicles. i do not think what bikachu is recommending will break the server, in fact i think it will help people get more invested in it considering their is more things to look at and want to do. If we do not add things that will catch peoples eye like tanks than people have less reason to stay and are more likely to leave for another server.