DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Change our current models (BF2) to CGI HD models

Just an overview, you have our current models that certainly despite their aesthetics have problems previously cited and that offers very little diversity, 

5229de3d77f0efcc696d70137f4b33b5.png

While the CGI offers a huge amount of options with a good quality model that is far from being ugly with other advantages.

8d6d9302b83e522a37a74a9fc733ab80.png 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Forums Moderator
14 hours ago, Bobert3 said:

I’m not a fan of it, I think our current models let us appear more unique and in my opinion yeah they do look nicer.

id very much like to keep current models!

Unique as in making our server look more unique compared to other SWRP servers or just the models? Because I will say that CGI models take up much less space meaning we could most likely have a LOT more models then we have now and allow for a lot of uniqueness in battalions.

14 hours ago, Openly said:

I have no issues with the current FPS

Not to come off rude, but just because you wouldn't benefit from this, does not mean others with lower-end PC's would not. It could definitely help out a lot of people who can barely run the server and allow them to play.

14 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

they look TERRIBLE

Please never ever add this, one of the reasons I love gg swrp so much is the nice looking models, adding this would ruin that

I guarantee that changing models is not going to change the atmosphere and what you love about SWRP. Guess what, the same people, the same RP, the same events will all still be there but this will just be allowing for more uniqueness because of the smaller addon sizes. I think many people with lower-end PC's would much prefer more FPS than 'nice looking GMod models.'

12 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I would have to agree with Yubi on this one. I think that the models we use now offer a lot of individuality between everybody due to the vast amount of models and the different accessories that each of them get. Until more info about how much customization the other models have, I think the ones we use right now work a lot better for people who like said customization. -1

CGI models have bodygroups and as I've said before they have much lower addon sizes meaning we could get more models for each battalion compared to what we have now. 

I will go ahead and say +1. I would much more prefer to cater to those people who have lower-end PC's and who don't have a nice enough PC to run a decent amount of FPS on SWRP. Adding on, as I've said before, uniqueness could definitely help with this due to the smaller addon sizes so. More models for each battalion and higher FPS for those with lower-end PC's. I would assume the staff team could go through with the help of battalion CO's to find models that would fit their battalion nicely.

+1

• Agree 4

If this would allow players to have a better experience and would improve the server speed allowing for bigger projects and spacing for GM’s to get creative with their events and players not lag to the point of disconnection, then I completely love this Suggestion.

• Agree 2

Post made 5/13/22

I personally do not like the models, I prefer the ones we have and the customization options that come along with it. I know it's mentioned that most of the other servers use the CGI models, but because we use the HD models I feel that it makes us unique among the SWRP servers. Just the other day, one of my CG guys was telling me how he just kinda sat and looked at his model and was impressed by how nice it looked. Not saying other models won't work in a practical sense for the server but I think we lose some aesthetics in making this change.

I have changed my opinion on this matter and am now

Neutral

If this will better the server and bring in more pop, then let's do it. My only concern and request is that Battalion CO's be given the say as to where each playermodel will be assigned in their battalion.

Edited by Komrk888
Changed my opinion
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

+1

Faster load time + better fps + more options to customize our models + less space taken? A great change imo, I can see a lot of people benefiting from this, not only will everyone load faster, but lower end pcs will also have a much better time at handling the server, this will also enable gamemasters to spawn in more droids and vehicles. Having less space means we will have more space for new stuff like new weapons/maps/vehicles

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Neutral - Honestly the CGI models just dont fir in some ways but they also have tons of customizable options for some skins. In the end it will get rid of some cool looking models on the server but won't change much with the player base and the events.

Edited by dizz
  • Disagree 5

People need to think about those with lower-tier computers and not themselves, as yes; I get 100 FPS standard but I have a great PC. Better download times and higher FPS may not benefit me, but it will benefit a lot of other people.

+1

• Agree 3

So after Yubi looked at the CGI models and body groups. Yubi likes them and thinks it worth the frames. Laroslav sent Yubi the pack and the models look super nice. So with a boost in frame Gm's can have more going on. So worth it in Yubi's eyes. so +1. Good play with the models plus more frames is super worth it 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, dizz said:

Neutral - Honestly the CGI models just dont fir in some ways but they also have tons of customizable options for some skins. In the end it will get rid of some cool looking models on the server but won't change much with the player base and the events.

I disagree with you, laro showed models with more customization then even the current ones.  And it would change much IMO, as players using lower end PC’s could play with smoother fps, myself included.