DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Woah's GM Application

In-game name:    P-245 CBM GC SGT 2235 Woah

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):   STEAM_0:1:51066848

Warns:   Zero

Timezone:   PST

Playtime?:   86:48:14

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?:    Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:   If shown how to, I'd be willing to learn.

Referral(s):   Mark, Bobert

Past experiences as a Game Master:   
Was previously TGM for a short time before becoming staff on Lazarus Gaming many years ago, and I still supported the full time GM's with passives and event characters even after becoming a moderator.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I'm a seasoned StarWarsRP player and have many experiences with role play. I have a level head, and I would say I am a pretty mature person who can handle a majority of situations. I am typically very kind to everyone, and I don't go out of my way to start drama or unnecessary complications with other individuals. Also, I understand that the responsibilities of a GM can vastly influence a server and it's population as well as its public opinion of it. I am a quick learner, and I have previously done some GM work on other servers such as Lazarus Gaming and DHG as well. I am sure that my contribution to events and passives would definitely benefit the server as I can bring out lively characters and situations without having the sense that the RP is being forced. I fully understand that forced RP is not fun, and that it is detrimental to not only the players but the server as well.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?

I have never been banned on a Gmod server before. I have however been punished, and it was because I was first getting into Gmod and had no clue at the time how to act. I was probably about 14-15 years old, and I went around killing people on DarkRP which resulted in a sit down with an admin which then jailed me.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:  

I am capable of being active on the weekdays after I get off work for about 3-4 hours a day, and if I am free on the weekends then I can get on then as well.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:
A Gamemaster is responsible for keeping a server alive in an RP sense, its what makes StarWarsRP fun for so many people. They must be able to create fun/engaging experiences and situations that are capable of maintaining someones interest in staying on the server. You must be able to successfully plan and deploy situations to keep players active, and have them enjoy their time on the server. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:

I would contribute to the team by not only assisting other GM's with their events, but I would love to create fun Passive RP situations to give the players something to do in the downtime between off world events. In addition to those, I want to utilize other GM's to create more vibrant large scale events that include all battalions and roles so that no one feels that they are being excluded.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:

I usually get on a bit later than most, so I would want to create events that utilize the skill trees of the players that are on.  I want to create events that have multiple pathways to complete objectives and can be influenced by players actions. I would plan out events to be dynamic and inclusive to all players.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:

1.  A town that was once lively and packed with people suddenly becomes a ghost town. Republic forces are sent in to investigate the mysterious incident, only to discover the terrifying truth of how corrupt politicians and bad deals lead to hardships and forced slavery. Basically, the politicians are bought out by Galactic slavers and sell their whole town. The slaves would be put to work in nearby mines, and the Republic forces must deal with the slavers as well as freeing the citizens.
  2.  A former Jedi who was kicked out of the order is sighted talking to the CIS, and they are reportedly handing over a Jedi holocron to a CIS delegate. Republic forces must aid the Jedi in recovering the holocron form the CIS forces as well as stop the rogue Jedi from escaping. If either happens, then it spells bad news for the people of the Republic and will lead to future events involving either the rogue Jedi or CIS forces meddling in Republic affairs.
  3. A pipe leakage has occurred within Anaxes, and the Engineers will need to repair the burst pipe or it will lead to further problems such as electrical malfunctions, or maybe even an opening in the wall for bugs to come rushing into the base causing the troops to clear out the infestation.
  4. A wandering man is sighted outside the walls of Anaxes selling illegal items to troopers. CG must investigate how and where this man was able to get these parts.
  5.  Republic forces of Anaxes base are invited to celebrate Life Day on a somewhat nearby planet. When they arrive there everything seems fine, but the towns people seem a little too happy that its somewhat creepy. It then involves the troops to stumble across a mad scientist dispensing a drug in the water supply that makes the towns people constantly happy and kind of brain washed (Like Jokers laughing gas that is used in the Batman games/movies).
Edited by HahaWoah
  • StarWarsRP Administration Team

Huge +1. I can say from my time talking with Woah that he has a wide range of interests to pull ideas from, is naturally creative, fun to be around, all while maintaining a good level of maturity needed for the GM team. Woah has a lot of potential and really makes you say “woah”.

Edited by Bobert3