DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add TEC-9 or Glock to donator store

• DarkRP Administration Team
2 hours ago, BINLADINHOE said:

Legally the TEC-9 would be a pistol

7 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

Tec-9 is a pistol

I decided to do a little bit of research about whether the TEC-9 is a pistol or a SMG and I'm going to change my response to neutral, but hear me out on a couple of things:

So just to mention, legal classification isn't really applicable here because that all depends on where you live as to how something is classified, and for example pepper spray is classified in the UK as a firearm, so you can see how the IRL legal classification argument is kind of invalid. To add to that, fun-clip's to convert Glocks to fire full-auto are mostly illegal without additional licences from what I can see so that doesn't really apply either. Similarly the classification a manufacturer gives something isn't really applicable because they want to sell to the widest market and will adapt their product to suit, for example pistols are banned even with a firearms licence in the UK so manufacturers just extended the barrel and throw on a stock to make it into a rifle, so that's also kind of irrelevant. 

What I've come to learn is that it's commonly accepted that a SMG is an automatic pistol with a stock. That means that a TEC-9 with a stock is an SMG, and without a stock it's a pistol. This means that the classification would depend on the model and firing position of the weapon and (I haven't actually checked but) I assume the model is without the stock and therefore a pistol. 

The reason I'm changing to neutral and not to a +1 is that I still believe the hobo role is passive and doesn't need additional firepower as I previously mentioned. I can't see a good reason for a hobo to be firing a full-auto weapon, but I'm not totally against it either. If people really like the idea then I don't want to ruin anyone's fun by any means but I'm not an advocate for it either.

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

I still believe the hobo role is passive and doesn't need additional firepower as I previously mentioned. I can't see a good reason for a hobo to be firing a full-auto weapon, but I'm not totally against it either. If people really like the idea then I don't want to ruin anyone's fun by any means but I'm not an advocate for it either.

Tbh I agree but I also just really want more perma full auto pistols as they are just fun to use in general

• 1 month later...