Fix the smoke grenades!

Description: Currently the smoke grenades are bugged and sometimes will not detonate at all causing either a waste of the smoke grenade and $100 if purchased
from the vendor. This is annoying as it means you've just wasted a resource and needs to be fixed or a replacement made for SOC faction medics (SOC medics get smoke
grenades on their whitelist which is how I discovered this bug).

Reasoning: It would add some minor counterplay to snipers for medics to safely cross gaps or to provide concealment to revive a friendly.
It would also add some unique usage such as blocking a line of sight in an area like Embassy or Shipment to funnel people less they push blindly into an area with no
cover.

Additional Information: From my testing I've found it may be an issue with arming distance or just the script not being good. It may very well be a
fundamental issue with the script and it might need to be scrapped and replaced with a functioning script/addon.

UPDATE!

After some testing it was found that the smoke grenades have a quirk. When thrown you must remain on the "void SWEP" (whatever it pushes your character to hold after throwing the smoke) until the smoke grenade plumes. If you swap off of the smoke to anything than it will fail to function. This is still an issue and needs to be addressed as the main use for smoke grenades are for medics to revive their teammates and they only have 10 seconds before they can't be revived anymore, this just adds to wasted time.

(I will consult with some people to see if I should go forward and make a separate suggestion to change the smoke grenades as this makes them nearly worthless)

Edited by BillDanger
  • Informative 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.
@Luxembourg please lock and move to accepted