Add a Drop down menu for /wanted commands!

Description: I play Metrocop a lot on the Garnet Gaming Dark RP server and have noticed that the command /wanted is very buggy. I know there is a /quickwant but I prefer using /wanted for when I get dragged to a sit by someone who is angry they got arrested.

Some of the bugs I have seen are as follows:

* Typing /wanted for a certain person who is alive such as /wanted King Raiding will say the suspect does not exist or must be alive to be wanted.

* Doing /wanted for someone will mot make them wanted but make someone else wanted. I once did /wanted nvlovegoggles Raiding and it made eXg 0vrated wanted instead.

* Similar bugs occur for the /warrant command.

* There is other problems such as people putting lots of non-keyboard characters in their name so you can't /wanted them.

Reasoning: I always /wanted someone when they are in a big crowd or if they had just adverted Raid on the otherside of the map. I have accidentally got someone arrested before auch as eXg 0vrated 10 minutes ago when he was playing Mayor, as a cop swung his arrest stick on him after seeing a wanted sign before I could revoke it. Making a new command in the F4 menu that lets you pick and select someone would be very helpful.

• Forums Moderator

Neutral

I'm not against adding a menu (similar to the hitman menu) in order to make players wanted as a PD class, providing that Garnet and the developers agree that it's a worthwhile change. It would at the very least make life a little easier for those who aren't too familiar with the commands.

The reason for going neutral is because these issues can be fixed by finding a player using /id [name] and then using their SteamID (which is automatically copied allowing you to easily paste it into chat) to make them wanted. You don't have to use their whole name either, you can just use part of it. I'll give you the following example where the text in blue is what I type and the text in red is what the game responds with:

/id chrisrid
[Garnet] Copied ChrisRid(STEAM_0:1:17720402)'s SteamID to clipboard!
/wanted STEAM_0:1:17720402 Test
[Police | 11:16:03]ChrisRid(STEAM_0:1:17720402) wanted ChrisRid(STEAM_0:1:17720402) for Test

I know this seems like adding extra steps (and I guess it is actually) but we as staff use the /id command extensively and it's a fantastic way to make sure you have the right person. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

finding a player using /id [name]

I was unaware that this was possible for non staff, if anyone can use this command I don't see much of a reason to add this, especially since it would probably take a significant amount of work to develop

• Like 1

-1 Just do chat commands. Ask some people if you dont know and they will help out. there are other issues on the server that take higher priority for sure.  Examples: Mayor tax bills still want people after being paid. The jail suits are still a thing after releasing from jail etc. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...