DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Make having non-keyboard characters in your name against the rules.

Description: I play metrocop a lot and have been frustrated by having to /wanted someone only to find they have a bunch of backwards e's or weird accents over the first letter of their player name thus making it impossible to /wanted them without copy pasting their name from console. I then have to /quickwant them directly.

It also makes it impossible to /warrant someone unless I copy and paste their name from console.

Reasoning: Being unable to autofill someone's name is really annoying and makes using /warrant impossible forcing me to dig through console to copy paste their name. Doing /rpname to change your name to that without non-keyboard characters takes almost no time or effort.

Edit: Another idea as according to SGT Moe is to make it so that the name must be able to auto-fill, meaning that you can still have non-keyboard characters in the name while not being annoying to type in.

Edited by BlockDreams
  • Forums Moderator

Neutral

I do somewhat understand this idea and I get the reasoning behind it but I'm not sure it necessary. For staff, while searching with /id is certainly useful, we can very easily copy SteamID's from the logs so it's not a deal breaker on the odd occasion /id doesn't work. If players need to get someone else's SteamID then it's likely for a report, and in which case a staff member can help you if you're having trouble finding someone. I'm not against this rule, but I know there are a lot of genuine players who have had special-characters in their name for quite some time, and I wouldn't want to take that away from them without a really good reason for doing so. I'll remain neutral for now.

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

This is an unnecessary change. It isn't worth creating/changing the rules to stop people from having a special characters in their name, if you are finding it hard to get their id or type their name you can always open console to copy the name while staff can also do it in logs.