DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkFox's GM Application

DarkFox

In-game name: Gold-4 MSG Foxtrot/HEOD SSG 1987 DarkFox
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:202288687
Warns: 0 (Dont remember any, nor can I check at the moment making this due to no admin high enough to check)
Timezone: Central Time Zone
Playtime?: 335:39:24.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
Referral(s): None (Or no name I remember of)
Past experiences as a Game Master: No
Why should we choose you over other applicants? I Try my Very best to Entertain all battalions with only two GM's running, and that all is fair games to Rp of Certifications. As well as trying to do something that few people do, or give more of a creative way of Role-playing rather than a forced outcome with who, what, and where it is. I will find the most ways to entertain and not to have anyone feel treated unfair for doing a great job (It will just be a shorter story for the final outcome if that happens.) If it does come to terms of having to cut a battalion short of action, then ill put my focus on them and give others more battle, and if they battles seem to hard, or seemingly coming to be bored, ill give them RP.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? From a Discord, yes. From a Garry mod server, no.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:At least 4 days a week to enjoy  Garnet Gaming's star wars RP. and commitment of GM ill put some of those days to even out my activity, and my GM Responsibility's.  

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To Give the players a story, a Problem, A gamble of dice on the table for them to roll, hit or miss. To be a GM, is to challenge the players with what your able to do, to be the player against all others controlling a army, to face against them, and give them problems that they can solve to finish, not too easy, but also not to hard. As well as a decent understanding of the rules set on the table.  

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: Activity's, As well as assistance to help on other Events, Seeing that the more GM's there are(and Experience) the better the fun will be for those players on the event to have more options open up

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: Alright. This is one I have put a lot of thought on
           "A Light in the Darkness"          (Go down the bottom for the plain description)
"Upon the Day's being in and out of Aurek is the same and boring things. You shoot droids, do training, and then back to sleep, But today has been...Tragic. The CIS came to attack with the usual reinforcements, the pods, the AAT's, and the capturing of a FOB. Today, that plan of theirs just cost us a couple Hundred Clones.."
A Clone said, having a Scar upon his left eye, letting out a puff of smoke before continuing his story.
"They had friends, and not the kind of friends you can find on every planet. Those...Nightsisters.. Whatever the navy said after the accident, Had placed bombs in the Main engine and another at the cafeteria. We Managed to find both, but one was fake, and tripped to make the other shorten out. What we thought would be your normal to CIS bomb be, it would explode.."
The Fear Could be seen through the eyes, the pain!and the pressure of shooting monsters of a frightened swamp that would curse him till the day he died, seeing the Jedi and the other battalions face on their worst nightmares that they have been bestowed upon from those nightsisters.
"T-that Gas made us see things, made us feel things as though real. Pulled our strings and played with us!!
The Cloned slammed his Fist upon the table, to then go back to a calm state, shaking.
"We killed that Nightsister! Came back to find our own men had shot each other! That Gas is to danger all in it! We will find out who made them! They'll pay in blood for what they made us brothers do to each other, For the Republic!"   

(The troopers get raided, but two mysterious figures have went through the vents and placed two bombs, the nightsister used their magic to have the troopers be having illusions, and Teleport to the swamps map if they are not defused, each battalion will have their own teleporter and must make their way to regroup all togethor and take down the Nightsister, BUT there is one problem, they are dealing with a situation that they battalion is made for. After following the roads they were made for they shall regroup, and face the nightsister. Once dead, tp back to the Aurek, and spawn dead troopers on the floor with a navy surrounding him, this will continue to part 2, "The Chemical warfare")

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 1. Every time I see a GM Post their idea done they explain in boring sense. I want to spice it up were they are reading from a point of view, a citizen, a navy, all the way to a troopers perspective.
2. They idea of everyone having fun will bring people in, just needs working on comms of GM's and the EC's job to have a more fun way to keep people entertained, to bring them back and wanting to stay on.
3. A Campaign on the sideline, to think of something that can be used nonstop for only that campaign, so that its special. The bombs of the Nightsisters is one to make things see illusions, and as well cause harm to the players of those going in, a gm can place a wall(a building for most effective) to have players shots not go through, but for those inside the gas having to fight if not disarmed the bomb.
4. Side Certs can actually help in RP! Most times its a character harmed or a virus! If Medical gets working on a resistance effects and EOD's disarm the bomb and give the chemical, this can shorten the bombs a GM can place in the map! It gives a perspective of "They don't have infinite, and that we are growing stronger to be able to resist the stuff!"
5. The comms, the navy, and the SOB. They can have a special role in these events if they do the wrong(or right) things. Once again I go to the bombs of the nightsisters. If they go in, or get trapped, any shots that lead to a friendly getting shot(or maybe somone who has info) can be harmed by looking like the droids from the Gas. Or navy(or nightsister disguised) killing a nightsister(or navy in disguised). 

I am -1ing this for a couple of reasons... The first being, a good 8/10 interactions I have had with you are in a toxic manner, I kind of try to avoid as much as possible due to your behavior around me and my fellow 327th. 
Also the last portion of this app said list 5 event ideas, you only really listed 3, #1,2 should have been put under "Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: Activity's, As well as assistance to help on other Events, Seeing that the more GM's there are(and Experience) the better the fun will be for those players on the event to have more options open up" that question.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:18 PM, DarkFox said:

1. Every time I see a GM Post their idea done they explain in boring sense. I want to spice it up were they are reading from a point of view, a citizen, a navy, all the way to a troopers perspective.
2. They idea of everyone having fun will bring people in, just needs working on comms of GM's and the EC's job to have a more fun way to keep people entertained, to bring them back and wanting to stay on.

Neutral

I have seen you on a lot! And most of the time when I speak with you you are helpful and such. However I hear most speak about you in a much different tone whenever i am talking to them. I feel like you might need to hold out and convince everyone else that you are a good match for the GM team >_<

-Proto (GM)

• StarWarsRP Management Team

As Sunday already mentioned, you're asked to list 5 unique event ideas

1. A statement you'll present events from the perspective of a participant
2. Saying everyone should work together
3. Very under-explained idea that lacks clarity
4. Saying you'll have roles in events for certified people
5. Special roles in events depending on how the event goes? I think? This one is confusing as hell

Considering you're asked for 5 event ideas, you've presented 1 half-baked idea and 4 generic promises.
Also, GMs need to be able to express their events/ideas clearly, your application doesn't do this, and that makes me question how you'd be able to handle explaining an event as things develop, and making sure participants know what's going on and why.

Edited by Theos
  • Cringe 1

spacer.png
Denied
Your application is being denied for not successfully being able to accomplish what is needed on the Gamemaster Application outline. You may reapply in 2 weeks, during this time please think of some well thought out ideas for your events. Get some detail in them and be able to explain them as if you're reading a story to somebody. During the next 2 weeks I also recommend going around and trying
to improve your reputation around the server, as having a good reputation is one of the best things you can have to get accepted into the Staff team. Good luck!
@Remake Please lock and move